Muffin or Barm

MikeF said:
Pughie said:
i was born and dragged up in didsbury by a manc family so i call it a barm, but we moved to Northwich mid ninetys and they called it a chip batch!!!!

bloody foreigners, I understand neither barm nor batch

The Co-op in Rochdale list a bacon roll on the menu. My wife would call it a teacake, ffs. I (me from North Manchester) asked for a bacon muffin and the lass behind the counter knew this was not one of those silly American buns. It was delivered by another lass born and bred in South Manchester who also confirmed that she was putting a bacon muffin on the table. Sooooooooooooooo, it must be all those silly buggers in the Central Manchester who MIGHT call a muffin summat else.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MikeF said:
bloody foreigners, I understand neither barm nor batch

The Co-op in Rochdale list a bacon roll on the menu. My wife would call it a teacake, ffs. I (me from North Manchester) asked for a bacon muffin and the lass behind the counter knew this was not one of those silly American buns. It was delivered by another lass born and bred in South Manchester who also confirmed that she was putting a bacon muffin on the table. Sooooooooooooooo, it must be all those silly buggers in the Central Manchester who MIGHT call a muffin summat else.

./ correct!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.