Muffin or Barm

Are you sure they were your real Mum and Dad? Do you have early photos of you with them?

I have been tempted to disown them over the tea cake situation when even my son looked at them with disbelief when they said teacake during a barm muffin debate

And teacake according to Mrs Ewing, but she's a Rochdalian and calls a scone (rhymes with gone) a scone, so it rhymes with bone!

Could be onto something mine were Rochdalian as well but I grew up in the posher part of Rochdale, no jokes,where all by friends families had barns, I have discovered it's a barm when you get to Norden, I'll let you know when I discover the teacake epi centre.

Corrie: Gail just declared that "xxx on the market does a lovely cheese muffin", later on Sinead asks Anna for a cheese barm? (wasn't concentrating) in Roy's Rolls and gets one of those horrible plasticky tasting mass manufactured thick rounds of bread that comes in a packet from the supermarket. WTF is going on? Rolls, muffins, barms. A distinct lack of continuity there or are the scriptwriters messing with our heads?

Obviously Gail's right, she's been around and living on the street for far longer than those two inny comers Sinead Tinker and Carla Connor who can't be from round these here parts with names like those.

Corrie: Gail just declared that "xxx on the market does a lovely cheese muffin", later on Sinead asks Anna for a cheese barm? (wasn't concentrating) in Roy's Rolls and gets one of those horrible plasticky tasting mass manufactured thick rounds of bread that comes in a packet from the supermarket. WTF is going on? Rolls, muffins, barms. A distinct lack of continuity there or are the scriptwriters messing with our heads?

Obviously Gail's right, she's been around and living on the street for far longer than those two inny comers Sinead Tinker and Carla Connor who can't be from round these here parts with names like those.
It was though an American style cheese muffin she bought so Gail was correct.

It's Barm, it was Barm around Maine Rd so for a Blie its barm, what goes on in rossendale or prestwich and whether it is muffin there is a different matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.