Muffin or Barm

Baked on the bottom of the oven, or at least they used to be.

that describes how the oven bottom MUFFIN became a thing. They could have called it an oven bottom barm, or bread roll, or breadcake, or stottie and so on and so on but they aren't cooked at the bottom of an oven they rise more in the heat so are not muffins whereas those cooked at the bottom are muffins, simples..........

that describes how the oven bottom MUFFIN became a thing. They could have called it an oven bottom barm, or bread roll, or breadcake, or stottie and so on and so on but they aren't cooked at the bottom of an oven they rise more in the heat so are not muffins whereas those cooked at the bottom are muffins, simples..........
Yep. Bakers would use up their leftover dough this way. I'm not sure why there's any sort of debate to be had.

Judging by the size of this thread I'm sure it's been done to death but they're separate bread products. Barms are purchased from Waitrose whilst muffins are from the chippy.
And proper oven bottom muffins I buy from Ashton market hall, best stall is opposite Pearsons butchers. Buttered with a slice of Williams roast pork and salad, I can't think of a better way to eat them: )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.