Mumbai City FC (MCFC)

The Indian Super League club Goa (coached by Zico) sent a delegation to City some months back to try and get into the City Football Group, but City were unconvinced.

LoveCity said:
The Indian Super League club Goa (coached by Zico) sent a delegation to City some months back to try and get into the City Football Group, but City were unconvinced.
Thanks for the info

pikku said:
The club is owned by a bollywood actor and there is not much hype regarding this Indian super league as of now in India.
I am from Mumbai and there is a lot of interest in football here and also people are looking fwd to ISL and will be broad casted by star sports...I really hope football takes over cricket as number 1 sport in India...btw there a lots of fans who watch epl and have their favorite sides and love the banter

Zabbasbeard said:
If City are going to buy someone buy East Bengal (my Dad's and my Indian team) ! Great tradition, very well supported, less work to do to make the push to be champions of India again.
But East Bengal City doesn't really work. Although if Wikipedia is to be believed, they don't seem to know where they're from.

The Salt Lake Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal.

Sounds like the sort of dubious geography that might be more suited to the rags.

I'm With Stupid said:
Zabbasbeard said:
If City are going to buy someone buy East Bengal (my Dad's and my Indian team) ! Great tradition, very well supported, less work to do to make the push to be champions of India again.
But East Bengal City doesn't really work. Although if Wikipedia is to be believed, they don't seem to know where they're from.

The Salt Lake Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal.

Sounds like the sort of dubious geography that might be more suited to the rags.
6iek9t.jpg

Now would be the wrong time to invest in an Indian side. This new Indian Super League has only just been founded as a rival to the existing I-League, which is the FIFA-recognised league with the Asian UEFA Cup-equivalent qualification. There's a lot of suggestion that the ISL could kill the I-League but it could go either way. Considering City have said before that they will only consider expanding into secure markets which don't suffer problems like corruption etc. I'm not really sure it would be wise to invest into a league that could easily die a death within 12 months due to having a whole other national competition to compete with.

Zabbasbeard said:
Matty said:
thekippax said:
Just heard on talkshite, Anelka has just signed for them. Ex City player signed by ex City Manager/Peter Reid. Coincidence or potentially another cog in CFG's wheel. Anyone heard anything?

Pure coincidence. Peter Reid will have zero involvement in anything to do with City, and Anelka brings with him baggage that ADUG, and City, will want no part of whatsoever.

Why would Peter Reid have zero involvement with us? He always seems quite positive towards us. for instance, he said wanted us to beat Liverpool (his boyhood team) at Anfield last season. is there something in his severance package from when he was acked or has he said he would have no involvement with City.

I remember reading in the 80s that East Bengal played a team called Mohun Bagan(I think)and the crowd was over 100,000 so there is defo a market there.I think City could do worse.

Plus we can help save the Indians from cricket ,hate bleeding cricket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.