Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

Absolute fuckin wankers the lot of them! After King Colin has said stop, these fucking retards sang it again and then sang "we'll sing what we want" like dirty Rags scumbags!

Fuck off you twats!

I don't like the Munich chants but that particular song isn't 'vile' at all. It's not needed but the song isn't 'about' Munich like it has been reported.

The sensitivity around the issue has got out of control. There are worse, more offensive things heard at football but for some reason any mention of this disaster that happened over 50 years ago is treated as a special case.

Longsight-memories said:
Get the CCTV film out pick them out and stop the season cards...

they have been asked to Stop and wont listen.. kick em out..

Manchester City's hard-fought 2-1 victory over West Ham was tarnished by a section of hardcore Blues fans again persisting with vile Munich chants.

They ignored manager Roberto Mancini, the club’s hierarchy and legends Colin Bell, Tony Book and Mike Summerbee to carry on the chants about the 1958 tragedy that claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight of the famous Busby Babes.

Summerbee even went so far as to pen his plea in the West Ham match programme.

Club ambassador Summerbee wants the supporters to self-manage the issue, writing: “Please, if you know anyone who sings these songs implore them to stop.”

He said there was no place in the City song book for the “hideous” chants which are not worthy of the great fans who won worldwide acclaim by the way they commemorated the disaster’s 50th anniversary at Old Trafford in 2008.

But a small number of sick supporters ignored him and all the other ex-players and club officials by chanting that they are Manchester City and they will sing what they want before chanting: “Who Put the ball in the Munichs’ net ... Yaya” in reference to City’s FA Cup semi-final win at Wembley
To be honest I expected to hear the Yaya Toure song continually, but I heard it only once. You are trying to create trouble where there is none

danburge82 said:
Absolute fuckin wankers the lot of them! After King Colin has said stop, these fucking retards sang it again and then sang "we'll sing what we want" like dirty Rags scumbags!

Fuck off you twats!

whats out of order is your hatred and bile filled post aimed at fellow city fans....now thats a disgrace

and the irony in this post is astounding...you call people for singing about munich, but quite clearly have no problem in using terms like idiot & wankers

masterwig said:
I don't like the Munich chants but that particular song isn't 'vile' at all. It's not needed but the song isn't 'about' Munich like it has been reported.

The sensitivity around the issue has got out of control. There are worse, more offensive things heard at football but for some reason any mention of this disaster that happened over 50 years ago is treated as a special case.
The club dont want it we dont need it and it brings shite on all of us city fans..so just ban people who sing it.. end of

Peter Spencer can fuck off, the victory wasn't tarnished at all. I heard fuck all Munich chants and can only assume it was a select bunch of dicks. Is every victory going to be supposedly tarnished from now on because a small minority sing Munich sons (just as they always have done). Lazy Shite journalism

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.