Munich Chants

Re: The club should start banning them..

shadygiz said:
danburge82 said:
Absolute fuckin wankers the lot of them! After King Colin has said stop, these fucking retards sang it again and then sang "we'll sing what we want" like dirty Rags scumbags!

Fuck off you twats!

whats out of order is your hatred and bile filled post aimed at fellow city fans....now thats a disgrace

and the irony in this post is astounding...you call people for singing about munich, but quite clearly have no problem in using terms like idiot & wankers

Not the terms I'd use either, however he has a point.

When asked politely to do something by the club, the supporters should follow. If they don't follow the rules of the house they should not be allowed in the house.

jay_mcfc said:
I've said all along that the club should do something about Munich chanting. They have done a good job so far, getting Bell and Summerbee to speak in public are the first steps and already the difference between the chanting at Blackburn and the chanting yesterday was huge. Long may it continue.

got to agree, there were far less chanting it yesterday in 111 mate...and more fans turning round staring at those chanting it....it's a start, but it' wont be easy to stop it

let's start off banning everyone who goes who doesn't fit the red tops vision of the humble, downtrodden, face to the ground with jackbooted rag scum standing over him shall we?

sing who put the ball in uniteds net

easy problem sorted

and to those who say people wont sing united because they hate that word do they not sing
if you hate man united clap your hands
hark now hear the city sing united ran away etc

dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:
masterwig said:
I don't like the Munich chants but that particular song isn't 'vile' at all. It's not needed but the song isn't 'about' Munich like it has been reported.

The sensitivity around the issue has got out of control. There are worse, more offensive things heard at football but for some reason any mention of this disaster that happened over 50 years ago is treated as a special case.

why use the word munich in that song tho??? that is the problem ! that song should of been who put the ball in uniteds yaya yaya .for some childish reason many blues will not say or write the word united..

I agree, as I said it is not needed and I don't like it but bloody hell it doesn't offend as many people as certain other chants that seem to be accepted.

It happened over 50 years ago. I can understand it upsetting those around at the time but half the people you hear complaining weren't even alive. How the fuck can they be offended by a passing reference to something they don't remember, that involved people they never knew or saw play and can barely remember the names of? Rags love Munich purely because it's a stick they can beat us with. Hence every derby we hear "where's your famous Munich song" and see them do aeroplane arms.

I'd love it if we stamped it out but banning anyone who makes a passing reference is way over the top. I have friends who if they came to City with me would be very offended by the homophobic comments that are commonplace. Should we start banning everyone in 111 who calls any away fan wearing pink a 'faggot'?

will we be allowed a party when fergie dies or will that be shamefull ,because it seems alot of people are going to have jelly and icecream and bouncy castles .

The club should start banning them..

Well I sit in the Colin Bell Stand and didn't hear any Munich chants, maybe it was just one or two drunken idiots yesterday but these should be picked out and removed. No time for them.

Got to be honest think the MUEN is out of order here. I will never buy that paper. The game wasn't marred, I never heard it sung. I did hear a few knob heads singing it outside the ground afterwards though.

They were singing it in Mary Ds before and after the game, followed by "we're Man City, we'll sing what we want". It seems to be a small minority.

This needs merging.

I didn't hear anything where I was, but I'm a million miles away from the singing section. I think next season you might start seeing people ejected for singing those songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.