Murray Vs Blake

BingoBango said:
He did very well, the drop shot at the net during the second set was particularly good. I like James Blake though, a smart guy who's been through a lot of shit.

Did I mention that I have a ticket for Wimbledon this year? :)

That drop shot was fantastic. God I wish I could emulate the touch he has, I just blast the fucking thing.

Televators said:
BingoBango said:
He did very well, the drop shot at the net during the second set was particularly good. I like James Blake though, a smart guy who's been through a lot of shit.

That drop shot was fantastic. God I wish I could emulate the touch he has, I just blast the fucking thing.

Me too, my touch is about as subtle as a sock-full of snooker balls.

BingoBango said:
bluebrown said:
I hope he never wins anything in his life. During the last world cup he said he supported anyone but England and wore a Paraguay shirt when England played them so why should any English person get behind him and support him.

Here we go, I was wondering when this myth would rear its ugly head.

It was a joke make during an interview during banter between Murray, Tim Henman and a journalist. If you don't believe me, here's Tim Henman - an Englishman who was actually there - explaining it for you: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQsHBwkDgQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQsHBwkDgQ</a>

I've no problem with people disliking Murray for being a surly, petulant twat (which he can be at times), but please - don't make yourself look stupid by falling for the 'Ohmigod, Murray is anti-English' bullshit.

I did believe the person who told me this probably because i didn't like him anyway. So i stand corrected and take it back but im still not his biggest fan

Televators said:
bluebrown said:
I hope he never wins anything in his life. During the last world cup he said he supported anyone but England and wore a Paraguay shirt when England played them so why should any English person get behind him and support him.

Did you read that somewhere and just decide to believe it?

It is, apparently, the biggest load of bollocks going. There is proof ...out there somewhere... that he was merely responding, in kind, to jokey taunts regarding the Scotland team.

Something like that anyway.

Yep. People too readily believe everything they read in the press. This is the story...

Murray explained that his comments were said in jest during a light-hearted interview with sports columnist Des Kelly, who asked him if he would be supporting Scotland in the World Cup, in the knowledge that Scotland had failed to qualify for the tournament. Kelly stated another tabloid had later "lifted a couple of them [comments] into a 'story' that took on a life of its own and from there the truth was lost" and that he despaired over the "nonsensical criticism"

Televators said:
BingoBango said:

That drop shot was amazing wasn't it, the spin on that ball when it landed :-0

12 ATP tour wins now, more then Henman already and he's only 22. He is an awesome talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.