Mushrooms (From supermarkets)

The Fat el Hombre

I've started eating mushrooms, never really ate them before but picked up a box from the spar the other day on my way to work. I just eat them straight from the pack but what I wanna know is can you eat the stalk bit or just the head? Opinion is divided in the office on this one...

I normally eat the stalks too, but never eaten them raw like you have

Banned Tosspot said:
I have used the stalks in curry but eating them raw is a bit mad.

The problem is that I can't cook them at work. Foods lose their goodness when you cook them as well

The Fat el Hombre said:
Banned Tosspot said:

The problem is that I can't cook them at work. Foods lose their goodness when you cook them as well
I have seen packs of mixed veg that are ready to eat that have sliced mushroom and it involves the stalk so all is good.

Banned Tosspot said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Banned Tosspot said:

I have seen packs of mixed veg that are ready to eat that have sliced mushroom and it involves the stalk so all is good.

the fountain of all knowledge ;-)

The Fat el Hombre said:

There is no nutritional value in a mushroom but they are tasty as fuck. Best fried in butter or coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. The huge mushrooms can be stuffed with cheese and baked. I fucking love mushrooms.

stony said:
There is no nutritional value in a mushroom but they are tasty as fuck. .

Someone saaid that on the yahoo answers page but it was argued against

I also saw this:

'Mushrooms are also a good source of riboflavin and niacin and contain no fat or cholesterol'

I'm assuming they're complex carbs and I've just seen that they score quite low on the glycemic index

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.