MUSIC: METAL

MCFCTrick said:
Blue2112 said:
phoenixxblue said:
Ha coincidence! The guy driving our van was a lad called Pete - not really a friend, just an aquaintance. We never even got to sleep in our van, he kicked us out when we got there so we made a fire and kipped round that still fucking freezing like you say, no sleeping bag or fuck all!
Sounds like we clubbed it in the same places round the same time, small world!

That would have been crazy if it was the same van. Small world though. Yeah vans weren't like vans today, no carpets no seats just floor to ceiling metal. Remember getting home on the Sunday morning caked in mud with a red motley crue t shirt which I still have and a Donnington 84 one which my 18yr old daughter wheres now along with my Master of Puppets original tour shirt, there her 2 favourites. I kept them all in great nick and she goes through them and pisses her mates off when she goes out in an original tour shirt.

I'll throw some names at you of the gang I knocked about with, they still meet up at the Grand Central every so often. Rob (Blackley), Vlad (Cheetham Hill), Killer and Georgia, Andy Corbett (Blackley), Ken Pownall (Blackley), H (Proper Red always arguing with him but), Poke (Same as H), Johny Fee, Frannie Fee, Grant(Heywood) , Colin Duffy (RIP) Sarah (Glossop), Dec, Roger and Corinne (Blackley), Taff (Blackley), Shaun (Middleton), Bicer (Harpurhey) and myself Josh. There was loads more of us every week met up, great days just one big family.

John and Franny Fee! Blasts from the past there 2112.....great reading these posts....as yer know, me and my lot (Newton Heath/Failsworth/New Moston) did the same pubs and clubs.....Phoenix, UMIST, Jilly's, Banshee, Henrys. Sporran etc.

There is a Phoenix Facebook page I have done, and a mate has done one for UMIST too.....lot of old faces on there. And through them, there is a big meet up at Salisbury on Sat Oct 20th. (I can't make it though, as will be at The Firefest at Notts Rock City)

I'm sure we probably had a drink together in some pub, club or gig as 've said before we all mixed in the very same circles. I've not forgot those UMIST invites for you. Must get onto that this weekend.

Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
I love 80s hair metal, dress to the style also lol
My fav bands include:
Motley Crue
L.A. Guns
Guns N Roses (early stuff)
Hanoi Rocks
Kiss
Poison
Ratt
Scorpions
Etc.

Yeah so basically the bands with the big hair!! Im only 20 haha

I fuckin LOVED that era - I was in my teens early 20's at the time (45 now!). The whole scene was so exciting, bands looked like fookin rock stars not just like a bunch of blokes that work in a garage like they do now.

Agalloch and Type O Negative
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzoyPfPKO4&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwYJYl5GUQ[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.