Must see documentaries..

Three Identical twins - 8/10
I liked it.
Its about 3 lads and when they were 19 they find out they have a twin. Then they find out they are actually identical triplets. Like a real life episode of the popular 90s tv show Sister Sister.
They went on TV and all the papers telling the story of how mad it was that this had happened to them.
However, there are reasons behind their separation when they were baby's.
Deffo worth a watch this.
Three identical Strangers is on Channel 4 tonight, 9p.m.
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/three-identical-strangers

Don't know if anyone saw this on the all new BBC Scotland but it's well worth watching for the epic amounts of swearing alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002wvy/real-kashmir-fc

It's about ex-Aberdeen, Rangers and Leeds footballer, Davie Robertson, who manages the local football team in Kashmir, one of the most militarised places on earth.

They came close to winning the title in their first season, but lost 2-1 today to East Bengal ruling them out. 2nd would still be an impressive achievement, they're currently third.

They came close to winning the title in their first season, but lost 2-1 today to East Bengal ruling them out. 2nd would still be an impressive achievement, they're currently third.

Cheers don’t need to watch it now

Netflix has some good stuff watched The Staircase and Innocent Man, it highlights how bad the criminal justice system is in America, I pray it’s not as bad here. On that note I see Steven Avery from Making a Murderer is looking likely to get a re trial, that definitely was a stitch up.

Ken Burn's The Civil War is now available again on most platforms. I still think it's the best documentary he has ever done. Maybe not in scope but definately in detail. I had forgotten how raw it leaves you feeling. Henry Adam's qoute about Lee stayed with me though:

"I think that Lee should have been hanged. It was all the worse that he was a good man and a fine character and acted conscientiously. It’s always the good men who do the most harm in the world."

History choose Lee's as the battlefield genius with decisive quick thinking. Behind it was a terrible cause that masked all sorts of horror. But even though he wasn't "surprised" by alcoholic tanner's son the Union brought in too beat him... he should have been. When it came to courage under fire and keeping discipline, Ulysses S Grant would have impressed the Duke of Wellington. Grant once tied a teamster to a tree for six hours for beatng a horse.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.