Must see documentaries..

Icarus (2017)

When Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller involving dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic Gold-exposing the biggest scandal in sports history.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333060/

The case against Adnan Syed - another miscarriage of justice from the American legal system??

It’s produced by some big Hollywood heavyweights, also promised myself that I wouldn’t touch another Amy Berg documentary after she buried the Open secret doc, however, it’s well made, despite leaving a sour taste in my mouth because she is attached...

The case against Adnan Syed - another miscarriage of justice from the American legal system??

It’s produced by some big Hollywood heavyweights, also promised myself that I wouldn’t touch another Amy Berg documentary after she buried the Open secret doc, however, it’s well made, despite leaving a sour taste in my mouth because she is attached...
Have you listened to the podcast it's based on? I have, but I've not seen the film.

Thats interesting. I really enjoyed Serial but didn't like the documentary at all. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I found the approach to be incredibly biased and that it contained very little to no new information compared to the podcast from a few years earlier. I'm not really sure why it even got made.

Have you listened to the podcast it's based on? I have, but I've not seen the film.

I haven’t, going to try and pick it up though..
Thats interesting. I really enjoyed Serial but didn't like the documentary at all. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I found the approach to be incredibly biased and that it contained very little to no new information compared to the podcast from a few years earlier. I'm not really sure why it even got made.

I think the narrative was driven by the appeals process, its sort of a fashionable area following making a murderer et al.. have to say though, far to many questions arose from the doc, the lack of forensic analysis left me sceptical...

The original paradise lost series remains the benchmark for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.