Must see documentaries..

I've been recording a few off sky documentaries channel for my week off this past week - one on Kenny Dalglish and one on Howard Kendall.
The Kenny one was pretty interesting in parts like when Ian Rush talked about nearly leaving the club not long after joining cos the piss taking/banter was too much for him. I also never knew Kenny's son was in the Hillsborough crowd and missing for a while; I can't imagine how that must've felt. And then attending all those funerals......
Howard's Way was less interesting apart from how lardy some of the ex pro's are (Neville Southall especially!)

I watched Athlete A on Netflix last night about the abuse the US gymnastics team were subjected to by Dr Larry Nasser. Unbelievable and infuriating but a good watch. Nasser was actually well liked by some of the girls by the sounds of it which goes to show the mental abuse the USAG subjected them to.

Just watched “Last Breath” on Netflix about a diving incident caused by a ship malfunction in the North Sea..It’s dramatised but does include actual footage..

Very good

Bobby Sands: 66 days.

If you are interested in The Troubles then it's worth watching. I remember hearing about it at the time on the news, and thinking what a terrible way to die.
The docu was a little uncomfortable at times as it felt like it was making a hero out of someone that shouldn't have been. Then I had to remind myself that yes, of course, he was a hero to many.
A stark reminder of different mindsets on both sides of the divide, and found myself agreeing with each...in a way.
Also makes you realise how important the GFA was, and the need to compromise to avoid further bloodshed.
7.5/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.