Must see documentaries..

Game Changers. About the impacts of a vegan diet and all the various misinformation out there on meat eating and health. Essentially go vegan and you will be far healthier.

Having watched this and Seaspiracy recently I think I might have to.

The corruption in this world is crazy, so many health articles funded by meat industry to try and disprove evidence linking meat consumption with cancer/heart disease etc. So the truth is that a diet containing meat and fish is far unhealthier than going vegan.

Last edited:
Game Changers. About the impacts of a vegan diet and all the various misinformation out there on meat eating and health. Essentially go vegan and you will be far healthier.

Having watched this and Seaspiracy recently I think I might have to.

The corruption in this world is crazy.
As a bit of balance, my octopus teacher, which highlighted the balance of the world as a complete ecosystem, also highlighted the pyramid of the food chain with predation from top to bottom. There is nothing unnatural about eating meat, fish or poultry as long as the providence is clean and proven.

I just watched My Family, The Holocaust and Me, on iPlayer.
It was miles better than what I was expecting.

'Robert Rinder helps the second and third generations of families who experienced the Holocaust to retrace their relatives' footsteps and discover the full truth about what happened to their families. Robert also explores further his own family's Holocaust stories, on both his mum's and his dad's sides. Six million Jews died in the Holocaust, but as this horrific chapter of history moves further away in time, the number of those who survived is dwindling'

As a bit of balance, my octopus teacher, which highlighted the balance of the world as a complete ecosystem, also highlighted the pyramid of the food chain with predation from top to bottom. There is nothing unnatural about eating meat, fish or poultry as long as the providence is clean and proven.

It is really funny you say that, because the evidence suggests actually it is quite unnatural for humans to eat meat. We have, biologically, all the same things that other herbivores have. Our eyes see colour to pick the ripe fruit. Our digestive systems are longer than our bodies to help digest plant based foods(carnivores have short digestive systems), our teeth are more likely designed for aggression (like primates) than for meat eating as carnivores have different teeth to us.

And health wise there is no benefit in eating meat, only negative consequences.

I believe other animals still belongas part of a food chain but humans have completely forgotten their place in it.

I am not a vegan. And I have eaten meat since watching it. But it has seriously made me want to cut down and try to stop. Give it a watch.

My Octopus teacher is a beautiful doc btw.

It is really funny you say that, because the evidence suggests actually it is quite unnatural for humans to eat meat. We have, biologically, all the same things that other herbivores have. Our eyes see colour to pick the ripe fruit. Our digestive systems are longer than our bodies to help digest plant based foods(carnivores have short digestive systems), our teeth are more likely designed for aggression (like primates) than for meat eating as carnivores have different teeth to us.

And health wise there is no benefit in eating meat, only negative consequences.

I believe other animals still belongas part of a food chain but humans have completely forgotten their place in it.

I am not a vegan. And I have eaten meat since watching it. But it has seriously made me want to cut down and try to stop. Give it a watch.

My Octopus teacher is a beautiful doc btw.
One of the best. So beautiful and certainly one of the finest documentaries on the natural world I have watched.

TBH, over the last year or so I have reduced my meat intake - particularly red meat. Anything I do eat, I need to know where it has come from, be that farmed or wild. I am lucky in that I have an excellent local butcher and fishmonger.

My understanding is that we are Facultative Carnivores, the category in which humans belong, prioritize the consumption of animal foods but can survive but not thrive on vegetables. Wolves and dogs are also facultative carnivores. Tbf, I haven't read widely on the subject so I have no doubt there is as much evidence to say that we are naturally vegan. One thing is for sure, after watching that documentary, calamari is off the menu for ever. :-)

One of the best. So beautiful and certainly one of the finest documentaries on the natural world I have watched.

TBH, over the last year or so I have reduced my meat intake - particularly red meat. Anything I do eat, I need to know where it has come from, be that farmed or wild. I am lucky in that I have an excellent local butcher and fishmonger.

My understanding is that we are Facultative Carnivores, the category in which humans belong, prioritize the consumption of animal foods but can survive but not thrive on vegetables. Wolves and dogs are also facultative carnivores. Tbf, I haven't read widely on the subject so I have no doubt there is as much evidence to say that we are naturally vegan. One thing is for sure, after watching that documentary, calamari is off the menu for ever. :-)

I agree. I think it is an incredible documentary and beautifully filmed.

Give Game Changers a go. Honestly, there's so much in it that will be eye opening. It certainly was to me. The survive but not thrive part for example. Evidence from the science suggests quite the opposite. They do blood tests on athletes after a meal containing meat and a vegan meal and it shows quite staggering impacts.

Admittedly it is perhaps one side of the story and there may be more to it, but from those involved in the documentary the vegan diet will enable humans to thrive. Plenty of elite sportsman are vegan. Animals are just the middle men when it comes to protein remember!

Anyway I'll stop shoving this down your throat now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.