Must see documentaries..

Sorry I missed that.
I read Fear of the Collar, which is about St.David’s Industrial School, which is where I went to school after it was closed as an industrial school and opened as a CBS.
It was very real to me and a couple of the Christian Bros were still teaching or there in one capacity or other.
One in particular that was very well known as head of the Artane Boys Band that play Croke park on All Ireland Sundays, was still there for years and there were plenty of rumours about him.
We had some right scum supposedly looking after children in this country.

Lawrence Wright’s book, the Looming Tower, goes into this in great detail. It’s a grim but properly gripping and brilliantly researched read. He rightfully won the Pulitzer for it.

Essentially internal politics and competition between the CIA and FBI led to known terrorists being let through the border. It was then too late.

John O’Neill, the FBI agent who spent years tracking and trying to prevent them getting into the States left the FBI, became head of security at the World Trade Center and was killed on 9/11. Tragic.
There is a programme on tv about that, think it's on amazon prime tv, well worth a watch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.