Must see documentaries..

Sky Documentaries: A Life of Crime 1984-2020

Two hour long docu following two guys and one lady throughout the time period, tracking their initial shoplifting and move onto drug tracking and addiction, jail time and attempts at getting clean.

Wasn't sure if I would get into it or not, but found myself glued to the screen, some really hard hitting scenes, some tragedy, and some hope.
It's excellent, try it if you get chance.

Watching the Woodstock ‘99 on Netflix.

Interesting watching. Never heard of this disaster version of Woodstock before. I was only 6 at the time, mind.
the one in 96 had major issues, heavy rain and jibbers ruined the profit margin. looked like it was gone, done as a brand. Then 99 happened....seen the doc ....didnt realise it was that bad.

Watching the Woodstock ‘99 on Netflix.

Interesting watching. Never heard of this disaster version of Woodstock before. I was only 6 at the time, mind.

the one in 96 had major issues, heavy rain and jibbers ruined the profit margin. looked like it was gone, done as a brand. Then 99 happened....seen the doc ....didnt realise it was that bad.
Haven't seen this yet but watched the Music Box episode about it. Seemed like everything was just set out for rage to be the predominant feeling of the event. From the location and lineup as well as how badly the security was trained (ie. it wasn't). If I remember there were just 2 female artists scheduled on the bill and the crowd just shouted at them to get their tits out all through their sets. And woe betide if you were an actual female in that crowd too. Chances of you getting out without being groped, felt up or even raped were pretty low also.

Haven't seen this yet but watched the Music Box episode about it. Seemed like everything was just set out for rage to be the predominant feeling of the event. From the location and lineup as well as how badly the security was trained (ie. it wasn't). If I remember there were just 2 female artists scheduled on the bill and the crowd just shouted at them to get their tits out all through their sets. And woe betide if you were an actual female in that crowd too. Chances of you getting out without being groped, felt up or even raped were pretty low also.
Yes, the incidents of sexual assault and rape were appalling.

The organisers knew they’d fucked up on multiple occasions by trying to cover their tracks and change things up then tried to absolve themselves of any responsibility following the events.

Sky Documentaries: A Life of Crime 1984-2020

Two hour long docu following two guys and one lady throughout the time period, tracking their initial shoplifting and move onto drug tracking and addiction, jail time and attempts at getting clean.

Wasn't sure if I would get into it or not, but found myself glued to the screen, some really hard hitting scenes, some tragedy, and some hope.
It's excellent, try it if you get chance.
Yeah ive seen that. Very heavy viewing but as you say, you cant stop watching

Such a waste if life and the end is hard to watch

Went to HOME after work to watch a brilliant documentary, My Old School, about Brian McKinnon, a 32 year old man who passed himself off as a 16/17 year old and posed as a new pupil at a school in Glasgow. Duped everyone and got into medical school at Dundee Uni before he was unmasked.
Turned out he actually went to the same school 15 years or so before and was even taught by some of the same teachers
Mad mad story and brilliantly made by one of his old classmates. A selection at Sundance. Well worth watching when it comes to streaming

One of my favourites, is a Vice YouTube documentary on being smuggled into North Korea. Its in 3 parts I think; it’s bonkers. First one is below - quite dated as I think I first saw it late 2000s / early 2010s.

Crackers though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.