My brother

StrutterBlue

Team supported
City
Hey everyone
Not sure if I should be posting this, if not mods please delete, my brother had a nasty fall a couple of years ago and did some irreversible damage to his knee which he's had a couple of operations until last week he was okay walking on a crutch but his leg gave way whilst walking down the stairs and has damaged his knee further, and at the moment he's been told it could be at least 8 months for a wheelchair from the nhs and the one he's using now is shite and falling apart, so we're trying to raise some money so he can get a decent lightweight one, hes been a blue all his life, we haven't got loads of money so we're heavily restricted on options so if anyone can help that would be brilliant, thank you
a7509edbc21248c072b89675990ff77c.jpg
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com...ctpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=45X9YwmjE

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Good idea what you're doing but the lads got a disability.
He should certainly apply for PIP if his mobility is affected. I know that might take a while to come through but maybe there may be someway you can hire one till then?
He could also apply for a disabililty assessment from the council which may help him get one off them and they could even arrange for a grant for home adaptations like a stair lift or a room/garage conversion to a downstairs bedroom & wet room.

My wife has similar problems but I managed to get her everything i've mentioned.
PM me if you need further advice.

We are going down the pip route but are unsure how many months this will take, and the start of the season is next month, so weve got our fingers crossed to have one by then :)

Hey everyone
Not sure if I should be posting this, if not mods please delete, my brother had a nasty fall a couple of years ago and did some irreversible damage to his knee which he's had a couple of operations until last week he was okay walking on a crutch but his leg gave way whilst walking down the stairs and has damaged his knee further, and at the moment he's been told it could be at least 8 months for a wheelchair from the nhs and the one he's using now is shite and falling apart, so we're trying to raise some money so he can get a decent lightweight one, hes been a blue all his life, we haven't got loads of money so we're heavily restricted on options so if anyone can help that would be brilliant, thank you
a7509edbc21248c072b89675990ff77c.jpg
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com...ctpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=45X9YwmjE

Good luck to your brother but a bit of a strange post really

I thought they were thousands of pounds after reading the OP. They are less than £100 on amazon. Or am I missing something here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.