My Childhood

Having the old Moston golf club and Railway sidings as our own personal playground with all the transport dibble and green keeper run ins.
Coin Op Tv
Summer Jobs, best was a three week stint working on the wagons for Barr’s soft drinks.
Family holidays in Torquay which invariably ended up with me getting lost.
Playing pitch and Toss for a penny
Football card packs with razor sharp bubble gum.

We used to sit down throw them against a wall, whoever got closest to the wall won the rest. Used to play it with 'Mars Attacks' and 'Civil War' cards. Both quite gruesome IIRC....
That civil war card with the soldier impaled on spikes….

10 years old, penalty, last minute of the final in a five a side tournament, score and we would win a huge fuck off trophy.
Wellied it for the top corner, the cunting ball just went up in the air in waves, just kept rising and i missed the goal by fucking miles, bet the cunting ball is still rising.
Lost in extra time, fucking placcy shitty cunting cheap ball
In his autobiography Mahrez cites you as having a huge influence on his career…

SPO .. A liquorice based drink mixed with water for poor kids who couldn't afford Ben Shaw's.

Mumming at New Year

Operating the trusted pupil school tuck cart and gorging my chops on Jammy Dodgers and Marshmallows in between classrooms. May the good lord forgive me, which he didn't as he later attempted to burn me alive on his alter with a combo of candle flame and mothers overly starched surplus. Fair to say he's normally shit hot at bumping folk off with drownings and such like .. but he never got me : p

Patchwork shirts, wranglers and docks.

Tin baths, outside toilets and squares of newspaper for bum wipes.

Vics vapour rub hot water bottles and inside frozen windows

Three no's 10 and matches in a twisted Kaleigh bag from the corner shop.

And last but not least Daz drops (ridiculously addicted) chased down with a dozen white mice and a ruffle bar.

Last edited:
Rickets, diphtheria, scarlet fever, mumps, ringworm, rubella, measles, impetigo, tuberculosis, poliomyelitis are just some of the diseases that the anti-vaxxers of today need to be reminded about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.