My half season report on City

Pingu the Penguin

Results:
A- Second in the prem, cup semi, knockout stages of champions league:

Signings:
B+ Knockout hits in the Beast and Ferna, Jovetic disappointing

Style of Play:

A Goals absolutely everywhere, with some right hidings dished out. Seems a bit more expansive, with Navas really making a difference

Manager:
B+ Great start. Gets stick for his substitutions and selections but hasn't made many mistakes on either front for me (except maybe Bayern at home)

Squad:
B Some much improved performances from squad players (Milner, Kolarov) suggest that the manager is getting the most out of them. We lack quality at centre back for me though, and this has already cost us points this season

OVERALL
A- Future looking very bright, esp with the wider stuff like the campus and the stadium expansion. Great time to be a blue

Agree/disagree/thoughts?

Pingu the Penguin said:
Results:
A- Second in the prem, cup semi, knockout stages of champions league:

Signings:
B+ Knockout hits in the Beast and Ferna, Jovetic disappointing

Style of Play:

A Goals absolutely everywhere, with some right hidings dished out. Seems a bit more expansive, with Navas really making a difference

Manager:
B+ Great start. Gets stick for his substitutions and selections but hasn't made many mistakes on either front for me (except maybe Bayern at home)

Squad:
B Some much improved performances from squad players (Milner, Kolarov) suggest that the manager is getting the most out of them. We lack quality at centre back for me though, and this has already cost us points this season

OVERALL
A- Future looking very bright, esp with the wider stuff like the campus and the stadium expansion. Great time to be a blue

Agree/disagree/thoughts?

Might have given the squad a B+. Bear in mind the host of injuries and also the improved performances from Nasri ?

On the pitch we have done very well. Off it I am really disappointed. Letting Barry go out on loan has been a real disappointment especially as we have kept Garcia and MP obviously has no desire to give Rodwell a chance despite a good display at Leicester. MP hasn't really given any of the EDS team a chance even though we've had a long League Cup run, which again is disappointing. This seasons transfers have been a real plus. Another negative is our inability to keep our top players fit for long periods, we've had lots of muscle injuries this season, this may be coincidence but could be down to a change in training styles with the new regime.

In summary, plenty of positives but also plenty of negatives. For me, the jury is out on MP, his substitutions, team selection and post-match interviews often leave me wondering.

If anyone is wondering, yes I love being miserable and negative.

Pretty fair analysis.
My only disagreement would be jovetic. Although it has been disappointing for him to be injured, I think he will be a good addition. He has shown flashes of what he can do and I would class him as a positive signing.

Fair enough analysis IMO. The only issue is with Jovetic, how can you be disappointed with his performances, he has hardly played?

CityManc86 said:
Fair enough analysis IMO. The only issue is with Jovetic, how can you be disappointed with his performances, he has hardly played?
I agree, have you forgotten how good he was against England? Hardly his fault he has been injured. I am really looking forward to seeing him in the rest of the season. All the 2013 signings have been very impressive as far as I'm concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.