My lads just been signed up::))

PickfordG said:
My lads been playing since 5 always played one or two years up, won the league and cup double 3 years on the bounce with differnet teams each seaon. scored over 100 goals from left wing one season. Currently signed with our beloved Man City U9's, he has a wond of a left foot but jesus he is lazy.

jeez uz mate 100 goals in a season! thats unreal! Lazy/doesnt track bak? - new Rigsby?

Matt Diablo said:
PickfordG said:
My lads been playing since 5 always played one or two years up, won the league and cup double 3 years on the bounce with differnet teams each seaon. scored over 100 goals from left wing one season. Currently signed with our beloved Man City U9's, he has a wond of a left foot but jesus he is lazy.

jeez uz mate 100 goals in a season! thats unreal! Lazy/doesnt track bak? - new Rigsby?

Yeah he was 6 playing for the 7's and 8's Heaton Mersey Vipers 2 seasons ago getting around 6 goals a game around 70 for the 7's and about 30 for the 8's still got his Golden Boot :)

Great to see so many lads getting a chance, the reason I signed up here as a rag was because of my son playing for the "dirty blues" :)

Not wanting to burst anyone bubble or dreams but you can't tell who will make it until they are 14 or 15 and thats when the real challenges come in (drink and women).
I run the under 8's team for a conference side, we've got some cracking players, technically gifted etc but the best player is a big, strong lad built like a brick shit house, you can't get past him but he has the technique of bambi on roller skates.
Its a case of fingers crossed and hope for the best, attitude is the key for me and my lads.

The classic example for me is Jeff Whitley, was an average player in an awesome flixton side I played against, he was regularly a sub for the left wing spot. The lad playing on the wing is the finest young player i've seen play, had everything. He was signed by united at 11 and played til he was 16, got caught stealing a car I think (in with the wrong crowd) and was released, hes now a bum living in urmston.
Whitely worked hard and persisted at what he did and it payed off for him.

Same could be said (and dare I mention him) for Gary Neville. Not technically gifted but grafted his arse off, wasn't distracted by drink, drugs, the wrong crowd and it payed off.

Dedication is the key, the one word of advice I would give to dads on here is don't push them too early, let them enjoy their football at 5-10 years old. You don't want your lads falling out of love with football before the hard work really begins.

Final point - parents kicking off at matches......they are an abolsute disgrace imo, teaches kids all the wrong lessons and our parents have been warned that if it happens they will be chucked out, no second chances.

Good luck

ssg2 said:
Great to see so many lads getting a chance, the reason I signed up here as a rag was because of my son playing for the "dirty blues" :)

Not wanting to burst anyone bubble or dreams but you can't tell who will make it until they are 14 or 15 and thats when the real challenges come in (drink and women).
I run the under 8's team for a conference side, we've got some cracking players, technically gifted etc but the best player is a big, strong lad built like a brick shit house, you can't get past him but he has the technique of bambi on roller skates.
Its a case of fingers crossed and hope for the best, attitude is the key for me and my lads.

The classic example for me is Jeff Whitley, was an average player in an awesome flixton side I played against, he was regularly a sub for the left wing spot. The lad playing on the wing is the finest young player i've seen play, had everything. He was signed by united at 11 and played til he was 16, got caught stealing a car I think (in with the wrong crowd) and was released, hes now a bum living in urmston.

Same could be said (and dare I mention him) for Gary Neville. Not technically gifted but grafted his arse off, wasn't distracted by drink, drugs, the wrong crowd and it payed off.

Dedication is the key, the one word of advice I would give to dads on here is don't push them too early, let them enjoy their football at 5-10 years old. You don't want your lads falling out of love with football before the hard work really begins.

Final point - parents kicking off at matches......they are an abolsute disgrace imo, teaches kids all the wrong lessons and our parents have been warned that if it happens they will be chucked out, no second chances.

Good luck

My 8 year old was a good year behind a lot of the others at the club (TIBS) that he represents and in truth it was because I was too busy to sign him up, but it was no great loss at such a tender age IMO.

Because he was one of the 'new faces' he wasn't picked for the 'A' Team but is a star for the 'B''s - we dodged a bullet though as the A team is managed and cocahed by 2 parents whose kids play in said team and other of the kids are in the clique.

They are desperate to get my Callum and one other lad from the B team to move over as they play with passion and determination unlike the show ponies whose coaches/dads cannot say no ;-)

I enjoyed telling the other team that he was staying where he was and then I found out that the manager he would have only becomes available every 7 years as he dedicates his time to a team of players from 8 - 15. Last season his last group won League, Cup and County Cup.

So Cal' is really learning and enjoying, perfect result.

Damocles said:
He's a United fan like his Dad though, so I doubt it. He's a clever sod and he's absolutely mad on the game. He's got (a few channels of) Sky TV in his room, and spends all night awake on Saturdays watching Football First until he's seen the full game of all of the matches. Then he gets up on Sunday to watch the Football League shows on the Sky+ downstairs, goes out for a kickabout then back in to watch the Super Sunday, then back out to play footy again until teatime, then play a bit of FIFA and watch MOTD2 before sleep. Honestly, he lives for it.

He reads the game excellently, but the one thing that he seems to lack at times is that aggression in his game as he's small (even for his age) and a bit frightened of all of the bigger lads. The United coaches are absolutely brilliant though, and they are trying to get him to come out of his shell on the pitch more. Currently, he plays either centre back (though he's tiny and shy, his anticipation makes him a solid defender), or his preferred position of centre mid.

He rang me up in tears the other day because all of his mates were arguing with him as they said that Messi was the best player in the world, where he says that Paul Scholes is (he worships that guy). His logic was that Messi can keep the ball and take people on, but Scholes doesn't need to due to his range and accuracy of passing which makes him just as important to the overall team.

I don't agree, but that's not bad for a kid. Shame he'll probably not make it purely because he's not physically tough nor does he do lots of tricks. They are thinking of letting him go back to his team until he 'fills out' a bit (both mentally and physically). Shame really, he's got a good brain for it.

Sounds mad for it mate but i would wait until he starts going out getting pissed on a park at night with his mates and knobbing birds in the bushes then they start to think about other things and lose interest in the game. Sad but true.

ssg2 said:

Good luck

Thanks for the words of wisdom coach - I agree with all you say - think the impotus of just getting him in there to begin with, as he gate crashed an already established squad, was the most important thing - now he can do what he wants with it...

Had a kick about with the Whitely brothers who are the same age as my kid brothers - Jeff at the age of 13 broke my mates wrist, a good 14 odd years older than him, he alway was and is a hard little tackler and a bit more about him than Jim

Brilliant mate, really made up for you. Just make sure he has 100 times more trials at City than anywhere else so 1 day we can cheer your son on

By the way i know they are considered 1 of the best youth teams around

nephew in the cardiff academy and district team, hes only 9 but the kid has a quality touch and is a good little CM going forward. the coaches teach them to tackle like girls at the moment though and this pisses me off.

hes a chelsea fan but hes starting to show some interest in the lighter shade of blue.

slicky202 said:
nephew in the cardiff academy and district team, hes only 9 but the kid has a quality touch and is a good little CM going forward. the coaches teach them to tackle like girls at the moment though and this pisses me off.

hes a chelsea fan but hes starting to show some interest in the lighter shade of blue.

They are teaching him right then! I mean there shouldnt be any tackling aloud in football whatsoever! Stan Collymore said!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.