My main fear with this dosh.

C_T_I_D

Limiting the chances of promising youngsters like Ben Mee, Vladmir Weiss, Alex Nimley, Robbie Mak and so on and so forth. Now I know you'll all say they're young and have to learn their trade and all that jargon and to a degree thats right but what happens if we keep buying players in and putting in more 'now' players in rather than giving these their chance eventually.

When SWP was out, that was the perfect occasion in which to give Vladi Weiss his chance on the big stage and I was a bit dissapointed that he wasn't granted that opportunity.

Is anyone else worried about the academy lads coming through given our new found wealth?

Personally, I dont really care, I just want City to be successful and win something.

It's more the youngsters themselves that should be bothered.

Blue4ever85 said:
Personally, I dont really care, I just want City to be successful and win something.

It's more the youngsters themselves that should be bothered.

imo makes the younsters want it more..

Players will still get a chance but only if their good enough. I think the bar will have been raised now so only the very best will get a chance to play in the first team.
Also im sure our staff know the players better than us and so when SWP was out they didnt play Vlad as he wasnt ready yet.
Ive watched Nimley alot and hes a great player, he'll make it in the first team I think aswell as Trippier (sp)

If they are good enough, their time will come. Players like Sturridge and Onouha are going to get better and better and may even be heavily involved in the first team squad in years to come. If Weiss etc.. are Sturridge and Onouha standards, they will be given their chance.

It's just raising the bar, in a way if the rest of the team is better and there's no real threat of relegation, than that should provide a greater platform for any youngsters who are good enough, to showcase their talent.

If they're good enough they'll get their chance.

The players who have been good enough have and will always get in the squad.

One of the points that Garry Cook made at the Fans Forum was that City would be looking to build a global presence based on the Academy. It wouldn't look good if we weren't practising what we preached.

there's nothing to fear!

what makes me laugh is the way all these pundits go on saying "ooh whata bout all the youngsters? will they get their chance now?" when, what they really mean is "which club are the big four going to have to circle now, to poach the best kids?"

As others have said if they're good enough they'll force their way in. Nimely definitely has a chance of making it IMO, he's a very talented lad.

Obviously the bar is being raised for the Academy with the new owners' ambitions of top 4 and Champs League football but they've made it clear that a world-class Academy set-up is central to their plans so I'm not too pessimistic on that front.

This Nimley fella in particular, am I right to presume he plays the same position that Elano would have in the team? Seems to score a lot of goals from midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.