My new car

I detest these stupid screens in cars. Absolutely idiotic.
I find it bizarre how even the most expensive and exclusive modern cars have the equivalent of a cheap tablet just superglued to the upper part of the dashboard and usually sticking up above it, making no effort whatsoever to try and design it so that it in anyway integrates with the dash.

I remember a woman at work had her oil light coming on whilst driving and she put a plaster over it until the inevitable happened. Piece of tape or plaster over the scum and you’re sorted.

I find it bizarre how even the most expensive and exclusive modern cars have the equivalent of a cheap tablet just superglued to the upper part of the dashboard and usually sticking up above it, making no effort whatsoever to try and design it so that it in anyway integrates with the dash.
Exactly that. Buying touchscreens with decade old tech by the million from China is a lot cheaper than designing, engineering and manufacturing buttons.

I remember a woman at work had her oil light coming on whilst driving and she put a plaster over it until the inevitable happened. Piece of tape or plaster over the scum and you’re sorted.
Some years ago, a cousin who worked for the RAC attended a breakdown only to find that the lady driver had the choke out on full with her handbag hanging from it.

Some years ago, a cousin who worked for the RAC attended a breakdown only to find that the lady driver had the choke out on full with her handbag hanging from it.

My mam did that on my dad's new car many many years ago. She went mad when he pushed the choke in and she had nowhere to hang her bag.
She honestly thought that's what it was for.

She also thought that there was something wrong with the heater when the engine temperature indicator wasn't in the red zone.

She was the worst passenger ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.