My new dog

Just some advice from myself we bought our second cocker (beau) from a kennels in Rochdale noticed some strange behaviour in him even as a pup . when we took him to our local vets to get him vaccinated and registered etc we gave the vet his papers .
The vet took his time in going through beau’s paper work and gave us the horrifying news that beau wasn’t from Rochdale he was from a puppy farm in north Wales . I was ashamed and to some extent still are that I never read the small print in his papers . We still love beau to bits but please if anyone is thinking of buying a pup please don’t make the mistake I did.
Beau is fine now but it’s taken three years of very hard work to get him how he naturally should of been .
The other spaniel is sally who we rescued as she was the runt of the litter and is blind so that slightly evens my negligence. Enjoy your dogs people they truly are magnificent in the right hands.

We’ve just committed to a cocker spaniel pup to be picked up at the end of July, she was born on a farm, we’ve been up and seen her and the house and mum, the dad is KC registered as well. I wanted a rescue but they won’t rehome if you have kids under 10 or a cat for most of them, which is a real shame. I totally understand why so our only option was to get a pup, costly I know. As I’m due to retire and the wife works from now it seemed and ideal time and our daughter will be buzzing when it turns up she knows nothing about it. I’ve not had a dog for 17 years but with my job and the wife’s in the past it wouldn’t have been good to get one as the shifts especially it would’ve a long time on its own, now seems right.

We’ve just committed to a cocker spaniel pup to be picked up at the end of July, she was born on a farm, we’ve been up and seen her and the house and mum, the dad is KC registered as well. I wanted a rescue but they won’t rehome if you have kids under 10 or a cat for most of them, which is a real shame. I totally understand why so our only option was to get a pup, costly I know. As I’m due to retire and the wife works from now it seemed and ideal time and our daughter will be buzzing when it turns up she knows nothing about it. I’ve not had a dog for 17 years but with my job and the wife’s in the past it wouldn’t have been good to get one as the shifts especially it would’ve a long time on its own, now seems right.

And now the work begins, is she born from a working cocker or standard? If the former be prepared to have long walks and be a ball launcher.

Enjoy mate we love our 18 month dickhead.

And now the work begins, is she born from a working cocker or standard? If the former be prepared to have long walks and be a ball launcher.

Enjoy mate we love our 18 month dickhead.
Both working cocker rather than show, but I’ll be glad of the exercise.

Best mates, but only one 'top dog'.

51214961963_3ea83064b6_b.jpg

" Food spotted at 12 o'clock. Right I'll go for the sausages and you keep lookout"

We got this little guy 4 weeks ago from a friends son who was struggling to look after. He is 5 months old and has been brilliant up to now. Our first dog for over 15 years. My wife has retired so has plenty of time to spend with him, and my daughter loves him to bits. As you can see, he's really settled in.
IMG-20210616-WA0001.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.