My Philosophical thoughts!!

Eccles Blue

Mods, if you don't think this belongs here (or even anywhere) please move or just remove! :-)

Whilst waiting for our match to start yesterday I got to thinking about the press coverage we've had over this weekend and how many years I had to search the papers, the TV news etc for anything at all about Manchester City.

Whatever we think about the team, and there are numerous people complaining about Vinnie, Joe, Mangala, Gael, Zaba, Nasri, Aguero, (need I go on?), the days of invisible City are gone.

We may not be feted by the media, fawned over by them, appreciated by them, but boy we don’t get ignored any more.

They know we are here, they know now that we are here to stay, we are Manchester City and sing/shout it proud. “We are the best team in the land in all the world. The Boys in Blue never give in, they fight to the end.”

I know, and realise, that it is human nature to criticise after a ‘bad’ result (& to my mind yesterday’s was NOT a bad result) but surely even the harshest critic must have a little whisper at the back of his/her mind that the sad, bad old days are well and truly behind us and we can relax and begin to enjoy our football again.

Or do people prefer not to have the success? Would they rather we were back in the sad, bad old days?

Bring ‘em on, bring ‘em all on. We can beat anyone on our day and our day(s) are now numerous rather than once in a Blue Moon.

Thank you for reading. Have a good day.

A very proud to be a Manchester City supporter, Eccles Blue.

Dunne's own goal said:
Proud supporter here too and I'm gonna enjoy the ride!

Me too.

After 35 years of taking shit from all and sundry, I'm loving the fact that we are now one of the best sides in England and will soon be one of the best in Europe, if we aren't already.

And yeah, I sometimes get annoyed at some of the rubbish that spouted about us in the media, but at least they're talking about us.

we are not the finished article yet, this is just the beginning of something special. You know, there is one thing better than history and thats making it ENJOY IT

If we are being philosophical perhaps it would be appropriate at this time to quote a certain Mr. Churchill as to where we are in our development. Ahem "This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps it is the end of the beginning."

Eccles Blue said:
Mods, if you don't think this belongs here (or even anywhere) please move or just remove! :-)

Whilst waiting for our match to start yesterday I got to thinking about the press coverage we've had over this weekend and how many years I had to search the papers, the TV news etc for anything at all about Manchester City.

Whatever we think about the team, and there are numerous people complaining about Vinnie, Joe, Mangala, Gael, Zaba, Nasri, Aguero, (need I go on?), the days of invisible City are gone.

We may not be feted by the media, fawned over by them, appreciated by them, but boy we don’t get ignored any more.

They know we are here, they know now that we are here to stay, we are Manchester City and sing/shout it proud. “We are the best team in the land in all the world. The Boys in Blue never give in, they fight to the end.”

I know, and realise, that it is human nature to criticise after a ‘bad’ result (& to my mind yesterday’s was NOT a bad result) but surely even the harshest critic must have a little whisper at the back of his/her mind that the sad, bad old days are well and truly behind us and we can relax and begin to enjoy our football again.

Or do people prefer not to have the success? Would they rather we were back in the sad, bad old days?

Bring ‘em on, bring ‘em all on. We can beat anyone on our day and our day(s) are now numerous rather than once in a Blue Moon.

Thank you for reading. Have a good day.

A very proud to be a Manchester City supporter, Eccles Blue.

Great post. I fucking love this Club. My Manchester born dad bought me up in all ways blue and my
son is being bought up the same way. These are the halcyon days we all dreamt of back in the old dark days.
Our dreams have come true and yet a lot are still not happy. I simply cannot fathom how anyone cannot
enjoy this story. I have lived most of my life dreaming of what the mighty City will do to their opponents in
the next game and for most part my dreams have come true. I can handle the rocky parts, because that
gives perspective on the highs.

Yea same here.. Media may hate us and try to ruffle the camp but it will never work. Look ahead at the bigger picture..were here to stay and so are city's ambitions.

Were not champions for nothing.

CTWD.

At worst, the last five years will show FA Cup. League Cup. and champions twice & 2nd place twice. Compared to when we thought Samaras was our top player.let alone compared to when City were playing Wrexham and Wycombe, that's something fantastic. And those dark days are not coming back.

The media tried ignoring us halfway through last season. There were numerous occasions where they just tried to airbrush us out of existence, with analysis left right and centre of the scum, skiverpool and the chavs, and City conspicuous in our absence from the articles.

But it didn't work, so back to slogging us off again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.