My PS3 has died

I mate of mine but his in the freezer for 10 min and it worked wonders.

Another thing he did was remove the cover, blow the 2 top metallic plates on the top for 300 degree in 55 sec i think and then let it rest for a day.

Go on youtube you will see different solutions.

Mine would not read the cd´s and a the repair man told me the laser eye was broken.
It would cost me 150€ to fix, so it was better just to buy a new one.

I put mine in the freezer for 5 min i think, did a format c on it, and it still works now.
that was 1 year ago.

Sorry mate, same thing happened to me, sounds like you've got YLOD.

There's nothing you can really do about it I'm afraid, I managed to get it going for a few days with a lengthy procedure that cost about 30 quid in the stuff I needed to get, but there's nothing you can do about it permanently sorry...

I bought a new one from Argos for about £180, I'd recommend getting one from there as you can get warranty for three years for about £40.

Hope that helps

glen quagmire said:
Mike, i certainly wouldn't plug it in for a long time after putting it in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's right run it under some TEPID water first to defrost it ,remember tepid water

Same thing happened to mine mate, best off buying a new one or a pre-owned one. I went on Ebay for mine and got one for £60...

MATCITY said:
stony said:
ManCitizens. said:
Chuck it in the tip and buy an Xbox

That's like trading a Jag in for a Citroen Saxo.
Its like being punched in the face rather than kicked in the bollocks

Xboxs have their problems but PS3s are far worse

Bollocks. I've had my PS3 since the day it came out whats that like 5+ years ago? and never had a single problem with it. Bought an Xbox and it broke within a month, sent it to Microsoft to get fixed and then it broke again. Complete waste of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.