My Second City Book Out Now For Pre-Order

A real holy grail for City match shirt collectors’ is this alternative 89/90 away that was worn just five times and many unaware of its existence.

This number 14 is featured along with 100 others in my new follow up book, which is available to pre-order now via direct message or mmmac@hotmail.co.uk

Not many blues will recall this one worn at Sheffield Wednesday, Spurs, QPR, Luton and Millwall.

View attachment 90810
Was at all 5 of those games.think Luton may have been home fans only iirc.used to have the shirt but wore it to a premature death,it literally fell apart and got binned years ago.should have treated if with more care.

Was at all 5 of those games.think Luton may have been home fans only iirc.used to have the shirt but wore it to a premature death,it literally fell apart and got binned years ago.should have treated if with more care.

Only defeat coming at Sheffield Wednesday I believe which was a strange 11.00am kick off on New Years Day January 1990.

This was never available as a replica shirt so yours would have been the 90-92 version when they added the button down colour style as worn at Spurs on the opening day fixture defeat during August 1990.

Only defeat coming at Sheffield Wednesday I believe which was a strange 11.00am kick off on New Years Day January 1990.

This was never available as a replica shirt so yours would have been the 90-92 version when they added the button down colour style as worn at Spurs on the opening day fixture defeat during August 1990.
Cheers for clearing that up!
Spurs away August 1990 brings back good memories,despite the 3-1 defeat, Paul Lake leading Kendalls City out as captain on a perfect sunny afternoon in front of a vociferous away support at White Hart Lane.

Cheers for clearing that up!
Spurs away August 1990 brings back good memories,despite the 3-1 defeat, Paul Lake leading Kendalls City out as captain on a perfect sunny afternoon in front of a vociferous away support at White Hart Lane.
We were the better team for spells that day and I think Quinn had a perfectly good goal ruled out !!

We were the better team for spells that day and I think Quinn had a perfectly good goal ruled out !!
Don't get me started.we were brilliant at times on the day,roared on by amazing away support ,all of us were sure it was the start of a new dawn..after climbing from the bottom of the league at Xmas the season before under Kendall..
enter Mr Gascoigne....

That game we were one nil down to a David Hirst goal, but their keeper got injured and Hirst went in goals and then they scored again opposed to us scoring with Hirst making a decent save. Their Niall Quinn derby moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.