My view on (the lack of) City's transfer activity.

davelyncooper

I realsie that there will have been many similar threads on the subject but what the hell, I don't mind being sent to the Siberian salt mines.

Hughes, Cook and Aldridge have had a number of months to identify and tap up (make discreet enquiries) whoever/whomever they have had on their radar.

It is well documented that Hughes wanted the new players to be in place as early as possible, yet here we are a third the way through the transfer window and not a lot has happened apart from the fact that we have been unable to attract mediocre players it appears no-one else wants to buy. On this basis it appears that our forays into the transfer market have been as about as successful as our performances on the pitch.
I ask you this question, would any of the premiership top teams have any of our transfer targets in their first team.

I might be being naieve here but I would have thought that the way to do business is to say nothing to no-one, put in verbal bids for the players you want, and if the offer is refused advise them you will refute any allegation that an offer has been made.

Cook really needs to be taken to task, he has promised us on more than one occassion that there are going to truly exciting times ahead both on and off the pitch, like Hughes, he talks a good game but delivers fuck all.

The new owners unfortunately find themselves between a rock and a hard place, they realise that the right manager to take us to where they want us to be is just not going to be available at this time of the year, therefore they are stuck with the present set up.

I might be somewhat naieve but my perspective of the whole situation is that the rest of the season will just be a holding excercise, hence the reason why our so called transfer targets are only premiership journeymen. At best, we will achieve a mid table position and this alone will lead to owners to give Hughes the push as he is clearly not up to the job.

This has to happen or else not only will we be unable to attract the quality of players required, we run the real risk that the likes of Robbie will become disenchanted with the lack of progress on the pitch

In respect of who I would want to replace the present manager, please please please let it be "the chosen one", the thought of him taking on and beating to a pulp Taggart is just what the doctor ordered.

My feeling on our transfer activity is two fold...

Firstly every team wants to screw us with ridiculous fees and we can't fall into that hole now or we will never get out so we have had to act very differently and much more hardball than planned.

Secondly all the Bellamy type targets are very much second or third choices and will not be signed until our first choices are definitely no goes and we will not panic due to impatient lily livered fans into overpaying for 3rd choices. Our first choices are proving harder to get for the reason above and due to the fact we are not as high up the league as we thought we would be and so are proving to be longer negotiations.

However for some reason our doom monger ,lily livered, deppresive, impatient and rather naiive fans want to try and make it incompetence or Conspiracy. Incompetence would be signing our second choices early for expensive prices to keep BlueMoon happy!

Whey have we signed Bridge only? Because he is the only first choice signing we have managed to get!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.