Myth Buster

m27

S-A-L-F-O-R-D Salford Blues MCFC, S-A-L-F-O-R-D Sa
It's time to bust a few myths that have been perpetuating since Saturday;

"I preferred it when we were skint" - Why? I'm 33 years old and we've been skint for the vast majority of my lifetime and during that time the football on offer has been, for want of a better word, shit. People use this throwaway line without thought but it's absolute nonsense. Anyone who says this is basically advocating non-achievement at our football club and is also displaying a staggering amount of ungratefulness. We've been taken over by successful business men who gave the people in-situ a decent amount of time to get things right. When it became patently obvious Hughes and his team may have a fundamnetal lack of managerial and coaching talent which no amount of time would change, they acted fast and ruthlessly, as businessmen tend to do.

It's now going to be their way or the highway and I'm very comfortable with that. Stop harking back to the "good old days" because they weren't good at all, they were deeply distressing to us match going Blues a lot of the time. If you want to recreate that experience, may I recommend Edgeley Park every other weekend.

"City have lost their soul" - We haven't though have we? What people mean by this is, "City aren't the loveable losers they used to be" It's another nonsense statement so please don't swallow it. For example, we've got more 'soul' now than when we were failing to hit a cow's arse with a banjo under Pearce and we couldn't fill our ground.

"Hughes deserved better" - Our owners couldn't win with this one. It's been done ruthlessly and with a man ready to step into his shoes. You sentimental souls out there may not like it but it had to be done as quickly as possible. Granted, it clearly didn't go exactly to plan but the leaks to the media hastened the process. Hughes can't complain too much though because he used leaks to the media during his tenure to his own advantage. You live by the sword and all that.

"He just needed time to get it right" - He also needed time to make it worse.

"Top 6 was the target and we're 6th" - I'm guessing Top 6 was the target which was made public but behind closed doors Top 4 was the target and this was echoed by the players in their interviews to the press in recent weeks. Our Owners or Hughes are not being completely honest on this point though. It will all come out in the wash.

Let's move on now. I get no satisfaction out of someone losing their job and eventhough I'd come to the conclusion that Hughes wasn't right for us in recent weeks, that doesn't mean that I didn't feel sorry for him on Saturday. It was a strange day, even by our standards, but the right decision has been made and it's been made when we have a run of very winnable games and also gives the new manager time to delve into the transfer market. Good luck Bobby, you'll be greyer than a badger come May.

m27 said:

"I preferred it when we were skint" - Why? I'm 33 years old and we've been skint for the vast majority of my lifetime and during that time the football on offer has been, for want of a better word, shit. People use this throwaway line without thought but it's absolute nonsense. Anyone who says this is basically advocating non-achievement at our football club and is also displaying a staggering amount of ungratefulness. We've been taken over by successful business men who gave the people in-situ a decent amount of time to get things right. When it became patently obvious Hughes and his team may have a fundamnetal lack of managerial and coaching talent which no amount of time would change, they acted fast and ruthlessly, as businessmen tend to do.

It's now going to be their way or the highway and I'm very comfortable with that. Stop harking back to the "good old days" because they weren't good at all, they were deeply distressing to us match going Blues a lot of the time. If you want to recreate that experience, may I recommend Edgeley Park every other weekend.

"City have lost their soul" - We haven't though have we? What people mean by this is, "City aren't the loveable losers they used to be" It's another nonsense statement so please don't swallow it. For example, we've got more 'soul' now than when we were failing to hit a cow's arse with a banjo under Pearce and we couldn't fill our ground.

"Hughes deserved better" - Our owners couldn't win with this one. It's been done ruthlessly and with a man ready to step into his shoes. You sentimental souls out there may not like it but it had to be done as quickly as possible. Granted, it clearly didn't go exactly to plan but the leaks to the media hastened the process. Hughes can't complain too much though because he used leaks to the media during his tenure to his own advantage. You live by the sword and all that.

"Top 6 was the target and we're 6th" - I'm guessing Top 6 was the target which was made public but behind closed doors Top 4 was the target and this was echoed by the players in their interviews to the press in recent weeks. Our Owners or Hughes are not being completely honest on this point though. It will all come out in the wash.

Let's move on now. I get no satisfaction out of someone losing their job and eventhough I'd come to the conclusion that Hughes wasn't right for us in recent weeks, that doesn't mean that I didn't feel sorry for him on Saturday. It was a strange day, even by our standards, but the right decision has been made and it's been made when we have a run of very winnable games and also gives the new manager time to delve into the transfer market. Good luck Bobby, you'll be greyer than a badger come May.

your so right mate

m27 said:

As I wrote in the Blue Alliance blog last week - people wouldn't be so ashamed of City's current situation if they hadn't been silly and started acting like dicks when we were taken over. Giving it the large one to your red mates when Fernandes was in our team was a huge error!

Bang on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.