Myths that need debunking

Modern music is rubbish

It isn’t, modern music is as good as any music from any era. It’s just that all the good music is ignored by the core music industry and the masses who promote and listen to absolute dross.

Modern music is rubbish

It isn’t, modern music is as good as any music from any era. It’s just that all the good music is ignored by the core music industry and the masses who promote and listen to absolute dross.
So true, I bet there was masses of crap in the 90s.
That being said, chart music was better then than it is now

You've just won the vinyl is better than CD bingo.

Anything else? How about the sound us more rounded.

I'd also add that flac is at least equal to any audio output and that in reality you can't tell the difference

Aaah but you didn't mention flac did you. You said CD. So a vinyl record versus a CD bought in a shop. Vinyl wins hands down. Every time.

Aaah but you didn't mention flac did you. You said CD. So a vinyl record versus a CD bought in a shop. Vinyl wins hands down. Every time.

Still nonsense. Wins hands down, give over. When CD first came out no one moaned about a drop in quality, as far as I can remember it was quite the opposite. So now, some 30/40 years later vinyl is now better, of course it is.
You used the 'sounds deeper' as a reason, ignoring that this is the usual 'guff' spouted by those who 'know' more than the average music listener, it is in fact an opinion. You can't suggest it is better (as a fact) just because you say so.

And as for wins hands down every time, have you done a comparison test. I'd be interested in your method and results.

As for FLAC, are you suggesting that it is better than vinly.

Still nonsense. Wins hands down, give over. When CD first came out no one moaned about a drop in quality, as far as I can remember it was quite the opposite. So now, some 30/40 years later vinyl is now better, of course it is.
You used the 'sounds deeper' as a reason, ignoring that this is the usual 'guff' spouted by those who 'know' more than the average music listener, it is in fact an opinion. You can't suggest it is better (as a fact) just because you say so.

And as for wins hands down every time, have you done a comparison test. I'd be interested in your method and results.

Are you trolling?

I never moaned about the drop in quality but I did moan about work colleagues going on about the increase in quality of the CD. It was all Bollocks - the emperors new clothes.... Of course they all fell for the consumerist trap and bought a CD player and then re-bought all their vinyl collection on CD so they were never going to admit the quality was no different.... It was one big con..... The great rock n roll swindle in getting millions of music fans to buy something they already owned again!
"What? You haven't got it on CD yet? Oh you must.... The sound is so much greater...."
And off the sheep went to but a CD player and loads of CD's....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.