N Ireland - Poland

In the report they are saying it was down to the Poles (The pictures do not though)

blue John said:
In the report they are saying it was down to the Poles (The pictures do not though)

The media think that the initial problem was between Poles fighting between each other about tickets, and then they attacked some "locals."
thus trouble broke out in bars that both sets of supporters had been drinking in, but hey, its northern irealnd so why not blame it all on religion, bigotry nd the Northern Ireland supporters before the facts are known?
obviously our wee country gained the accolade from UEFA as the BEST FANS because we had only played countries that were part of the reformation?

The days of the sash, derrys walls etc being sung at international games in belfast are thankfully long in the past, but if hooligans from any country think that they will walk over belfast taking liberties, then they will find that they have picked the wrong city to mess with.

Come to belfast for a good time and you will find the friendliest people that you could find, come here looking trouble, you will get more than you ever wanted.

law74 said:
blue John said:

The media think that the initial problem was between Poles fighting between each other about tickets, and then they attacked some "locals."
thus trouble broke out in bars that both sets of supporters had been drinking in, but hey, its northern irealnd so why not blame it all on religion, bigotry nd the Northern Ireland supporters before the facts are known?
obviously our wee country gained the accolade from UEFA as the BEST FANS because we had only played countries that were part of the reformation?

The days of the sash, derrys walls etc being sung at international games in belfast are thankfully long in the past, but if hooligans from any country think that they will walk over belfast taking liberties, then they will find that they have picked the wrong city to mess with.

Come to belfast for a good time and you will find the friendliest people that you could find, come here looking trouble, you will get more than you ever wanted.
Well said. Cracking result for us last night.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Loyalist nutters playing a Catholic team and it kicks off.
Who could possibly have predicted this?[/quot

You my friend are a first grade a hole who knows nothing about what you are talking about, I can only assume.

While trouble is not acceptable it had absolutely nothing to do with religion. You prick

ricky77 said:

You my friend are a first grade a hole who knows nothing about what you are talking about, I can only assume.

While trouble is not acceptable it had absolutely nothing to do with religion. You prick

Well said.

ricky77 said:

Although nijinksy didn't perhaps express his opinion in a very favourable manner i'm not sure how you can suggest it has nothing to do with religion. Apparently the Poles (predominately Catholic) unfurled a Republican (EDITED) Flag (Catholic) which obviously antagonised the Northern Irish supporters (Predominately Prodestant)....how can you say that has nothing to do with religion???

quite simply I can say this because it did not have anything to do with religion.

Pleasedo your research. Poland have quite a serious neo Nazi football hooligan problem. Nothing to do with being Catholic.
Sadly we of course will have a few muppets who will react to trouble. All teams will

However once again I will stress. Religion took no part.

I am confused by your quote that a loyalist flag is catholic. This makes no sense whatsoever

I have no desire to argue with a fellow city fan. I am just stating that not everything to do with mycountry is about religion.

ricky77 said:
quite simply I can say this because it did not have anything to do with religion.

Pleasedo your research. Poland have quite a serious neo Nazi football hooligan problem. Nothing to do with being Catholic.
Sadly we of course will have a few muppets who will react to trouble. All teams will

However once again I will stress. Religion took no part.

I am confused by your quote that a loyalist flag is catholic. This makes no sense whatsoever

I have no desire to argue with a fellow city fan. I am just stating that not everything to do with mycountry is about religion.

Apologies i corrected my error, was meant to say a Republican Flag..

The unfurling of that flag took place at the match WELL AFTER the trouble started.

Polish hooligans fighting in the city centre, Bedford Street, then on the Lisburn Road and down Tates Ave towards the ground. Of course NI fans fought back but it wasn't because the Poles were catholic! This was all well before kick off.

Hell, we even had locals out from the streets around the ground fighting Poles due to there cars being damaged!

The Poles were over in Belfast a few years back, no trouble at all. I guess they have all converted since then or perhaps this time their hooligans turned up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.