Na na na na na na na

Another blast from the past from the Kippax (one for the over 40`s) was always a sick one :

Harry Roberts is our Friend,is our Friend,is our Friend,
Harry Roberts is our Friend,
He kills Coppers.

In those day PC Plod would walk in from the Main Stand,around the old Score Board End and then place themselves in front of the Kippax.

Harry Roberts was an infamous police killer and way back in those days you virtually never heard of a policeman getting killed.

Deepest Blue said:
Anyone remember probably in the 70's when we had a rather overweight ref (maybe Roger Kirkpatrick) who sustained an injury during the game?
He was replaced by a slimmer substitute official who proceeded to give one dodgy decision after another against us.

In a brilliant bit of spontaneous singing the Kippax piped up (to the tune of "those were the days")

We want the fat twat back
We want the fat twat back
We want him back
We want the fat twat back etc..

Brilliant memory.

For me the finest ref of his era.I`ll always remember during the three day week on a Wednesday afternoon,we were at home to someone and it became the "norm" that some daft twat would phone the ground and say a bomb had been planted.
Kirkpatrick (Mr Pickwick due to his bushy side-burns) asked for the ball,during a free kick,put the ball to his ear,to see if he could hear "the bomb ticking".
Funny at the time and the crowd game him massive applause.

(to the tune of Lily the Pink)

We'll drink a drink a drink to Colin the king the king the king
the saviour of Manchester City
'cos he's the greatest inside forward
that the world has ever seen

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Losblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It was "City's going up" to KC & The Sunshine Band wasn't it?
Not in the 70s/80s.
Pretty sure we sang it in the 1983/4 season (not all of it!) and the following one. The sing itself was No1 in August 1983 ( just looked it u, saddo that I am.

It was definitely 83/84...I remember it well, and more so because we didn't actually go up!

We had a team on a shoestring budget held together by string! And yet we were so optimistic that we'd go up.
Still, as you say we sang it the season after when we went up...just. After trying to c0ck it up

At Notts County "promotion party" before the game with 12,000 other Blues
"We'll be up, we'll be up, we'll be up by 5 o'Clock'

Half time...already relegated Notts Co 3 City 0...(rachid Harkouk and Justin Fashanu ran riot)....half time lasted 45 mins due to "City aggro, City aggro, hello...", there was horse of the year show from Notts plod and Jimmy Sirrel and Billy Mac had to come on the pitch calm things down. We lost 3-2 in the end.

Another song from that era...

"You can't take the Magic Roundabout...."

and a few years before (1980/1)...

"I'm dreaming of a Blue Wembley
Just like the ones I used to know
With the Blue flags flying
And Scousers crying/dying (a bit sick when you look back now)
To see City win the Cup (win the Cup) - though I'm sure I heard someone chant "Will we fook")

one man went to war went to war on Chelsea one man and his baseball bat went to war on Chelsea

then when the count got to ten the kippax went louder and clapping aswell<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm --<br /><br />back in the 80s back of the kappax a line would open up and into 2 sides

LEFT SIDE LEFT SIDE GIVE US A SONG ssssHHH AAAHA

I went to a cockney and I asked him his name,
he didn't give an answer so I asked him again,
I kicked him in the bollacks and kicked him in the head,
now that cockney is dead,na nana nana....etc
Not very fan friendly in those days,

Twenty to five clobbering time,

It was when they only had 10mins for half time,and not much injury time,<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm --<br /><br />I went to a cockney and I asked him his name,
he didn't give an answer so I asked him again,
I kicked him in the bollacks and kicked him in the head,
now that cockney is dead,na nana nana....etc
Not very fan friendly in those days,

Twenty to five clobbering time,

It was when they only had 10mins for half time,and not much injury time,

Kippax to the Maine Stand
Maine Stand Maine Stand give us a song
Silence
Kippax, ''Put your fucking flasks down''

Brilliant days

One for the 60 year olds.....
Noel,Noel,Noel,Noel ..that is the name of that bastard Cantwell.

And another....
Busby on the western front parle vouz
Busby on the western front parle vouz
Busby on the western front give us a gun an I'll shoot the ****
Inky pinky parle vouz

And.....I'm here all week. I thank you!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.