Napoli Away Last 2 Places

Re: Napoli Away Trip Now On Sale

buryblueboy said:
just thought i'd post this i lifted from liverpools site.

LFC advice for fans in Naples
21st Oct 2010 - Latest News
Email Print Share
Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Myspace Archive LFC To Go
iPhone App LFC Podcasts LFC Toolbar Browser Add-On RSS Feeds
Liverpool Football Club have today reissued the following information for fans who have travelled to Naples for tonight's Europa League fixture.

Following a number of widely reported incidents in Naples on Wednesday night that have resulted in some Liverpool fans requiring medical treatment, Liverpool FC would like to advise all travelling supporters to be careful, stick together and heed the safety advice provided with your match ticket and republished online below.

If friends or relatives of fans who have travelled over to Naples are reading this, please try and make contact to re-emphasise how important it is that they follow the police advice detailed below.

Please bear in mind that the information below has been provided via The British Consulate in Naples and the local police.

INFORMATION FOR SUPPORTERS TRAVELLING TO ITALY

Please find below important information on arrangements for our UEFA Europa League Group K fixture against SSC Napoli in Naples. Supporters travelling to Italy are advised to take due note of this information as we believe that it will assist you during your visit.

FOLLOWING A MEETING WITH MEMBERS OF THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN NAPLES WE WERE ASKED TO ADVISE ALL TRAVELLING SUPPORTERS OF THE FOLLOWING WHICH IF OBSERVED SHOULD MAKE THE TRIP A SAFE ONE:-

Muggings unfortunately are commonplace in the City, especially around the old centre (CENTRO STORICO) where men / youths riding scooters / mopeds target people carrying bags or obvious items of high value, such as watches, jewellery etc. You are advised to take care when crossing any road due to the driving antics of the locals and be aware at all times when walking along pavements of scooters / mopeds approaching from behind.

Naples Police have suggested that all Liverpool supporters should upon their arrival in the city make their way to the Port area, which is called VARCO PISACANE (Harbour Gates). You can take bus 601 from the square outside the central train station (Piazza Garibaldi) which stops outside the Hotel Cavour. After disembarking at the stop "Duomo" you can walk down to the sea. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in this area of Naples and Liverpool supporters will be made welcome.

Buses will be laid on by the City of Naples to transport Liverpool supporters from Varco Pisacane to the stadium from two hours before kick-off.

You should in keeping with Italian laws keep your passport on you at all times as you may be asked to show such before being allowed into the stadium.

You are advised to stay near to the main areas of the city and not to wander off down side streets and alleyways, staying if possible in groups.

The Stadio San Paolo was constructed in 1959, undergoing major renovation work in 1989. However it would appear following our visit to the stadium that there has not been a great deal of further work/repairs carried out since as everything looks decidedly "worn and tired". The stadium has a capacity of 60,240 and the section reserved for visiting supporters is completely enclosed with chicken wire / netting from the ground up to the roof. The wire / netting do reduce the visibility of the playing arena but there are no thick stanchions and / or poles blocking out large areas of the pitch.

To gain access to the stadium you should head for Entrance / Gate Number 33 - the sign outside the seven turnstiles which are of full height reads: OSPITI INGRESSO - GATE 33

Following a request from Liverpool Football Club officials the home club agreed to erect further signage with the wording "LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS".

Turnstiles to the visitors sector will open at approximately 16.00 Hours (Local Time).

Tickets are bar coded and you will gain access by inserting your ticket into the readers positioned at the turnstiles. Before reaching the turnstiles you will face a ticket check by Private Security Stewards and then a body search by members of the Naples Police Department.

The visiting sector is fully undercover and consists of plastic seating (without backs) fixed to concrete steps. A dry moat separates the stands from the pitch.

Upon passing through the turnstiles you will pass through a small protected walkway / tunnel (approximately 100 metres long) before entering a large secure area which contains toilets, both male and female and two refreshment kiosks. The toilet facilities are of a reasonable standard although you should be aware that in addition to urinals in the gents the lavatories are "holes in the ground", the same as in the ladies.

In addition limited refreshments will be available to purchase by visiting supporters from "hawkers / foot vendors" walking through the seating area.

The Visitors Sector is quite steep and please be aware that there are no handrails on the central staircase. Precaution should be taken by all supporters when ascending and descending these steps.

There is also a First Aid post located in the visitors sector.

Disabled supporters travelling to the game will be accommodated in the lower section of the Visitors Sector. Entry to the stadium is via a gate adjacent to Entrance 33 - there is a large disabled sign at the point of entry. Disabled toilets are located at the rear of the disabled enclosure. Again the view of the pitch is disrupted by the chicken wire / netting enclosing the visitors sector.

You should also be aware that:

Any articles contravening the ground regulations or deemed to be dangerous will be confiscated and retained by Stewards, Security Officers and/or the police ie: Flag Poles, Flares, Bottles, Lighters, Umbrellas, Air Horns, Knives, Scissors, Fireworks etc.

Supporters can take their flags and/or banners into the stadium and these can be placed on the seats towards the front of the visitors sector.

Access will be denied to any supporter/s carrying alcohol or drugs or if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

For safety reasons you will be held back in the stadium at the end of the match for a period of approximately 30 minutes.

You should take care of your ticket, as a duplicate will not be issued.

Details of the British Consulate in Naples are:

Andrew Code
British Vice Consul
British Consulate
Via dei Mille, 40
80121 Naples
Italy

Tel: 00 39 081 423 8911
Facsimile : 00 39 081 422 434
Mobile: 00 39 335 710 2114
E-mail: andrew.code@fco.gov.uk

Other useful emergency numbers in Naples are:

Police / Emergency Services - 112
Ambulance - 118
Fire Brigade - 115
Highway Rescue - 116

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB SUPPORTERS HAVE VAST EXPERIENCE OF TRAVELLING THROUGHOUT EUROPE BUT THE CITY OF NAPLES CAN BE A DANGEROUS PLACE AND YOU ARE ADVISED TO TAKE NOTE AND FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE OF THE BRITISH CONSULATE AND THE NAPLES POLICE WHEREBY UPON ARRIVING IN THE CITY YOU HEAD FOR THE PORT AREA (VARCO PISACANE) AND THEN WHEN GOING TO THE GAME YOU USE THE COACHES PROVIDED TO TRANSFER TO THE STADIUM.

ALSO YOU SHOULD AT ALL TIMES WHILST IN NAPLES BE WARY OF YOUTHS / MEN ON SCOOTERS WHO MAY BE LOOKING TO CARRY OUT MUGGINGS.

Author: Liverpool Football Club

if you going out there,look after yourselves lads.

Thanks for posting..all good info. I heard they may have removed the chicke wire/ Maybe Pete can update?

Would like to go, but put off by the potential for trouble. Is it really that bad? Ummm I fear it is, though Napoli's reputation as a mugger’s paradise must put the cruise liners off. Thus stopping it becoming a Disneyfied play-ground for pensioners and the idle rich, like some historic Italian sites, (i.e. Verona/Venice/Florence, etc).

Oh here's a cheerful old tune, (the fall's Kicker conspiracy):
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjyQkt04Urc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjyQkt04Urc</a>

"Fans....remember you are abroad…remember the police are rough....".

After reading the Liverpool fans warning and exposure of the evil empire’s lackeys. It made me think - Liverpool and Manchester aren’t exactly crime free so maybe we’ve just got to behave and not be too obvious, I mean can you imagine a bunch of Napoli fans drunkenly wandering into Salford after dark. Poor bastards, they need to warned of the potential horrors which could await them.

DVDO.

Ps: Least it isn’t a bloody corporate boozefest in Napoli, might have been able to afford a B&B if it was Napoli next week instead of Bayern Munich. Bloody schedule, it could have been so good if it was the other way around, ummm UEFA eh?

The Liverpool fans guide to Europe, no thanks. Didn't they get us banned? Well not us technically, but English teams. I bet the Italians were thinking 'ooh those lovely scousers are coming to town'.

Most of the Napoli fans I've seen today, and a fair few of them, look like a sound bunch of guys.

Was talking to a mate of mine who is a policeman. He has been reading up on the Liverpool visit and was telling me that they were setting tourist's hair on fire just because they were English. English & Football must be the same language in Italy.
Alot of people stabbed as well. He said it was not the best place to go watching football and advised not to go. Just passing it on. Be careful lads.

(Must say the Police handled last nights game very well. Had them all in the ground when I arrived, kept them back after the game and did not see one bit of trouble)

I must admit i found Naples to be a great city during the 90 world cup. We stayed in Sorrento for 2 days and Naples for 2 days. The locals were fine with us. There are some rough areas but that's any city in the world. Go there and enjoy the place, get pissed and gobby and you might get a clout.

Just come back from holiday and stayed near Naples, if you get the chance and time allows a visit to Pompeii and Sorrento is well worth while.

(admission to Pompeii is 11 Euro.. off memory)

qyse1z.jpg

View of Naples from the summit of Mt Vesuvious....(Isle of Capri top right, and Sorrento top middle... on the coast)

5vddax.jpg

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Nice thought but the only sights 95% of fans will see is the inside and outside of a bar!

Well the other 5% are in for a treat then....

wink.gif

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Nice thought but the only sights 95% of fans will see is the inside and outside of a bar!
Sounds like the Bishop Blaze during a match at the swamp

I'm still half-hoping that low demand and high risk means I can turn up late for this. Also half-hoping that high demand means I don't have to fork out £350

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Just come back from holiday and stayed near Naples, if you get the chance and time allows a visit to Pompeii and Sorrento is well worth while.

(admission to Pompeii is 11 Euro.. off memory)

qyse1z.jpg

View of Naples from the summit of Mt Vesuvious....(Isle of Capri top right, and Sorrento top middle... on the coast)

5vddax.jpg

we are staying in sorrento.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.