Napoli deducted 2 points

They talked about this on Football Weekly the other day. Basically, the 3rd choice goalkeeper told Grava and Cannavaro that he'd been approached by some dodgy agent who asked him to fix a match. They both told him they wanted nothing to do with it, although they failed to report it to the Italian FA. So that's what they've been banned for. And Napoli's involvement is simply that they employ these players; there is no evidence whatsoever that the club was complicit in any of this.

Seems very harsh on both the players and the club to me, but as James Richardson pointed out, it is likely that these initial punishments will be greatly reduced on appeal.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What a joke Italian football is.

What serious footballer at his peak playing in the Premier League would seriously consider playing there?.......

Ok, I'll bite... Balotelli?

Ancient Citizen said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
What a joke Italian football is.

What serious footballer at his peak playing in the Premier League would seriously consider playing there?.......

Ok, I'll bite... Balotelli?
If this is him at his peak we definitely need to fuck him off back there.

Dubai Blue said:
They talked about this on Football Weekly the other day. Basically, the 3rd choice goalkeeper told Grava and Cannavaro that he'd been approached by some dodgy agent who asked him to fix a match. They both told him they wanted nothing to do with it, although they failed to report it to the Italian FA. So that's what they've been banned for. And Napoli's involvement is simply that they employ these players; there is no evidence whatsoever that the club was complicit in any of this.

Seems very harsh on both the players and the club to me, but as James Richardson pointed out, it is likely that these initial punishments will be greatly reduced on appeal.

It's pretty much what append.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.