Napoli post-match thread

I'm not sure if it's just me, but others have said it felt like last season in the 2nd half. I disagree entirely. I never felt we would lose that. Not for a second. We had to play out, long kicks against napoli will cone straight back, and given how well they press, I thought we played out brilliantly.

One things for sure, it's going to be a hell of a game out there.
What stood out for me was that we never panicked when we were under the cosh, i thought it was a bloody good performance all round.

Great win and a mature performance. I think people forget quotes hiw good Napoli are but it does go to show we should probably have killed it off in the first 30 minutes. Very unlucky hitting the underside of the bar and having another scrambled off the line.

What is all this "us" and "our" stuff. Your not a city fan from what i can see. There is downbeat and there is going out of your way to ignore good points and try to amplify any moments we were less than perfection.
Well said that Guy.

Huge win for us last night. I think we went so hard in that opening 35 minutes that the team were physically and mentally exhausted. Our standard dropped and napoli really took advantage. I thought stones otamendi and Ederson were terrific. Make no mistake Napoli are the best team we have faced this season so to grind out a win like that was a cracking result in the end even though it could have been about 5-1 at half time.

One things for sure, it's going to be a hell of a game out there.
What stood out for me was that we never panicked when we were under the cosh, i thought it was a bloody good performance all round.
Me too. As much as I loved the way we played in the first half, the professional and composed way that we saw out the last 10 minutes was just as enjoyable for me

I'm not sure if it's just me, but others have said it felt like last season in the 2nd half. I disagree entirely. I never felt we would lose that. Not for a second. We had to play out, long kicks against napoli will cone straight back, and given how well they press, I thought we played out brilliantly.
We tried, but we resorted to an awful lot of long balls in that 2nd half, often from Walker who really doesn't enjoy the pressure. We were giving the ball away for fun. We coped with it much better than we would have last season though.

Took them apart first 30 minutes and if those chances go in then it would have been game over but give credit to Napoli for fighting back.

Like the look of the LB we are supposedly interested in and it's good to see an Italian team play attacking football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.