Napoli post-match thread

The first 30 minutes was probably as well as I've ever seen us play. It was mesmerising at times. The Chelsea performance tops it though, purely for being more sustained over a whole game (and away from home).

The first 30 minutes was probably as well as I've ever seen us play. It was mesmerising at times. The Chelsea performance tops it though, purely for being more sustained over a whole game (and away from home).

Got to agree, the Chelsea performance was the best full match I have ever seen in over 57 years of watching gods own club, but the first 30 minutes against Napoli were a thing of beauty, almost perfection. Much of the football this season has been almost orgasmic, I feel privalidged to be witnessing it.
I remember playing Burnley at home in circa 1967/68 and putting a bet on a 7-0 win, which came in. Never thought I would ever be tempted to place such a bet again. Temptation resisted tough, going for a sedate 3-0.

I want people to read this post because there's a lot of sense in it. People saying that they absolutely destroyed us in the second half have got to put that statement in the right perspective. We were two goals up against a strong side such as they. Usually when teams aren't too far apart in terms of quality/ability, when one is one or two goals to the good, the other begins to fight back and from that point it would appear as though they are the better side. A similar scenario played out when we were a goal ahead against Liverpool and it seemed like hell had been let loose on us.

Looking at the Chelsea result today, you cannot help but give our boys a pat on the pack for holding their own against one of the most in form teams in Europe

And oh lest I forget, I want to give a big shout out to our old boys Kolarov and Edin who showed their class today.

Cheers all.

Quite brilliant goals too - especially Dzeko's first. His second reminded me of quite a few headed goals for us, notably the absolutely critical one in the opening minutes at Selhurst Park in our second title season.

Personally I'm finding that the gloss is slightly coming off the Chelsea win simply because they've been dogshit ever since. That first half an hour on Tuesday by contrast was not only the best I've ever seen us play, it was alongside the best football I've ever seen any team play.

And the second half pretty even other than Napoli gifted more ball possession.

No question but I was alluding to the comments that somehow City were in control for 30-35 minutes when it was really like 40 - and ultimately only two cases of poor giveaways deep in their own end from Delph & Silva

Personally I'm finding that the gloss is slightly coming off the Chelsea win simply because they've been dogshit ever since. That first half an hour on Tuesday by contrast was not only the best I've ever seen us play, it was alongside the best football I've ever seen any team play.

Get where you're coming from but is it a case of them being dogshit ever since because we knocked them out of their stride, made them start questioning themselves?

No question but I was alluding to the comments that somehow City were in control for 30-35 minutes when it was really like 40 - and ultimately only two cases of poor giveaways deep in their own end from Delph & Silva

We dominated the first half, they edged the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.