Nasri - I wanted to make history at City / on Mancini

coleridge said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Really poor thread epitomised by the post below. Embarrassing and spoilt.

Damocles said:
Didn't read the article. Didn't need to.

Don't like Nasri, don't think he's good enough for City, don't think he's ever even had a good 5 games worth of form that approaches his actual talent, don't think he's committed to the club nor the team and think he's pretty much out for himself.

I might look a bit of a twat here as he might have said that Mancini is the best guy in the world ever but at the end of the day, Nasri is a French Robinho and he'll end up on the bench for a midtable Italian club for the same reasons.

Not your best, Damocles, mate!

I have been defending Nasri seemingly since he arrived. Some people just have it in their head to criticise him. Every player has a poor game occasionally.

I thought he got us the point against Sunderland which could yet prove decisive. He was decent against West Brom and yesterday did most of the donkey work which, as others have said, goes unnoticed by many posters and/or blues. That allowed Fernie to put his feet up for most of the game and now he's nicely rested for Everton, when I think he's a cert to start, maybe with Garcia and Yaya, Nasri, Aguerro and Dzeko [yet another that contributes much and then gets dog's abuse on here].

Just back to the article, most of which I knew. already The part that stood out was his admiration for Jose and his love of London. So all the Nasri critics can repent at their leisure if he's playing at the Bridge next season.

You cannot seriously suggest that Mourinho would take a player like Nasri at Chelsea... That's why Mata is now at the swamp. Neither have the work ethic that Chelsea demonstrated yesterday.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
adrianr said:
I've not read it, but I'm going to assume it's another interview where Nasri sounds great, very convincing, very up for it, had his problems but he's moved past them, like he's turned a corner, full of confidence, and will now show us what he's worth on a consistent basis...

.. then won't.
I think its fair to say he is a much better player this season than any other season

If you consider the season as a whole.. he just been average. He had a few good game.. but just average overall.
And considering the wages we pay, we should expect more.

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
Almost every word a total nonsense. You sound like me posting about Mancini.

Great post that really made me rethink my opinion, cheers Billy

Anyone who throws around words and phrases like "I don't like him" "bottle merchant" "middle ground player" etc. is pretty entrenched so no matter how many times you're told that three different top managers consider him vital to their way of playing thus making your argument about his relative worth totally redundant, you still repeat the same criticisms.

I'm not saying there's not merit in criticising Nasri for certain aspects of his game nor am I saying that there aren't better players out there in his position. However the idea that he's not good enough to play for City, which is what you said previously, is a fucking nonsense.

You see nobody is arguing that Nasri is a bad player, most are just saying that he doesn't provide value to the squad. At least not enough to get a new contract.

Think of the games this season that Nasri has stood out and really got into. Obviously there was the Swansea game at home where he dominated. Then....errr.....he did well against United early in the season. There was that Spurs game a few years back. Oh, and that Southampton goal.

I'm struggling past that point. Is that really enough for three years of £150,000 a week plus, and a transfer fee of £25m? Could we find somebody who could do his job to the same caliber without some of his weaknesses or for a cheaper price?

I think we could. I don't think Nasri is mentally strong and it's why I think his destiny if the bench of Milan or Monaco along with the other "great players but not mentally strong" crowd.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
no matter how many times you're told that three different top managers consider him vital to their way of playing

Tom Cleverley played under Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes regularly, both accomplished managers and talent spotters.

That's a really poor argument when you start thinking about other players who have done the same.

He certainly runs hot and cold. When he's good, he's very good, but at times he just disappears. Hopefully, over the next 3 games, he'll turn up and prove his worth.

nellyonthewing said:
coleridge said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Really poor thread epitomised by the post below. Embarrassing and spoilt.

Not your best, Damocles, mate!

I have been defending Nasri seemingly since he arrived. Some people just have it in their head to criticise him. Every player has a poor game occasionally.

I thought he got us the point against Sunderland which could yet prove decisive. He was decent against West Brom and yesterday did most of the donkey work which, as others have said, goes unnoticed by many posters and/or blues. That allowed Fernie to put his feet up for most of the game and now he's nicely rested for Everton, when I think he's a cert to start, maybe with Garcia and Yaya, Nasri, Aguerro and Dzeko [yet another that contributes much and then gets dog's abuse on here].

Just back to the article, most of which I knew. already The part that stood out was his admiration for Jose and his love of London. So all the Nasri critics can repent at their leisure if he's playing at the Bridge next season.

You cannot seriously suggest that Mourinho would take a player like Nasri at Chelsea... That's why Mata is now at the swamp. Neither have the work ethic that Chelsea demonstrated yesterday.

Damocles said:
You see nobody is arguing that Nasri is a bad player, most are just saying that he doesn't provide value to the squad. At least not enough to get a new contract.

Think of the games this season that Nasri has stood out and really got into. Obviously there was the Swansea game at home where he dominated. Then....errr.....he did well against United early in the season. There was that Spurs game a few years back. Oh, and that Southampton goal.

I'm struggling past that point. Is that really enough for three years of £150,000 a week plus, and a transfer fee of £25m? Could we find somebody who could do his job to the same caliber without some of his weaknesses or for a cheaper price?

I think we could. I don't think Nasri is mentally strong and it's why I think his destiny if the bench of Milan or Monaco along with the other "great players but not mentally strong" crowd.

-- Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am --

BillyShears said:
no matter how many times you're told that three different top managers consider him vital to their way of playing

Tom Cleverley played under Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes regularly, both accomplished managers and talent spotters.

That's a really poor argument when you start thinking about other players who have done the same.

West Ham (League Cup 1st Leg) - His most complete game from memory.
CSKA (H)
Norwich (H)
Wigan (FA Cup) - He didn't dominate, but he seemed like the only one who gave a damn.
Chelsea (FA Cup) - Came on and scored the 2nd goal linking up with Silva.
Barcelona (H) - Came on and changed the dynamics of the game despite being a man down.

Just a few where he either dominated or changed the game.

I'm not asking any time he scored a goal, I'm asking for times when he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen in the same way that Silva can.

Listing games which include us getting beaten is sort of making my point for me. Either he did do this in these games and we still failed or he didn't and you shouldn't have listed them.

Damocles said:
I'm not asking any time he scored a goal, I'm asking for times when he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen in the same way that Silva can.

Listing games which include us getting beaten is sort of making my point for me. Either he did do this in these games and we still failed or he didn't and you shouldn't have listed them.

And i haven't simply just given you games where he's scored and said ha, that's his stand out game. No. The games against CSKA, Norwich, West ham and even Plzen at home are games where he was either the best player, or the player that stood up and made things happen.

CSKA - 4 Key passes, 3 Dribbles and 2 Assists
Norwich - 3 Key Passes, 5 Dribbles
West Ham - 7 Key Passes
Viktoria Plzen - 6 Key Passes, 2 Dribbles and a Goal

Nice interview with Nasri that. Still, doesn't take the bait where Mancini is concerned and the football is doing the talking. He's had a great year, Cup Final the pick of the games for me. He just didn't stop running all game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.