Nathan Ake

His ‘book value’ with amortisation after two years is circa £24m.
Still has three years left on his deal.
So £50m-plus would represent decent financial business, but of course depends on both the player wanting to go and City being willing to sell

Doesn’t matter that we don’t need the money we are a football business and as we found out with Torres every player has a true value, if we get that for a fringe player we should sell. He’s an average PL centre half
I remember the days we'd dream about having a average centre-half, but you're doing the lad a disservice here. He's solid and would walk into most teams in the PL. He's an asset to the squad.

We payed over the odds, he’s no where near worth 60 fucking million and Newcastle won’t pay anything like that. He’s a decent PL centre back nothing more and his true value is about what we paid.

absolutely, but they want him and we don’t need to sell him so can ask for what we want.

He is a good premier league centre half and proved his worth in the closing weeks of the season. It was some achievement to come into the team at that point as the pressure was really on then. He did a fantastic job and I think that with more game time, he could improve. If he wants “guaranteed“ starts, he may need to move on, but for me he is a very good asset to the club. We could end up spending £60m plus for a replacement who might struggle to adjust to playing in the most competitive league in the World.

He’s been good for us recently especially during the run in but seems to always have niggling injuries. I’d keep him personally but depends what offer we get and if he wants to play more.

If true?

He has a choice to make.

City. Squad player, involved in another title defence, CL games, FA Cup games, Carabao Cup Games.

Newcastle. 1st team player, FA Cup games, Carabao Cup games, more money.

At Newcastle he plays every week, and he earns more money, but he gives up another possible PL title, playing in the CL, and a CL trophy.

I wish I had such difficult choices to make in my life. ;-)

Decision.

I just hope City know Ake's worth and drive a hard transfer bargain including plenty of clauses.

The Saudis will pay what they have to.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.