National Anthem - 'Britain or England'?

Greenjob

Team supported
Manchester City FC :)
Following on from the play off final yesterday and in light of the upcoming World Cup, 'surely the time has come to debate the National anthem'?

It does not say anywhere in any of the 5 (the long version) verses anything about England. Therefore, should England not have our own anthem rather than the Great British: God Save the Queen??

Fuck Britain, we are representing England, not the taffs, paddies and the jocks. I hate all this British bullshit, I personally have never considered myself British because I wish to have no affiliation with the countries mentioned. We stick with God Save the Queen, and if people want something different use Land of Hope and Glory, not some shit like Rule Brittannia.

S.E.H said:
Fuck Britain, we are representing England, not the taffs, paddies and the jocks. I hate all this British bullshit, I personally have never considered myself British because I wish to have no affiliation with the countries mentioned. We stick with God Save the Queen, and if people want something different use Land of Hope and Glory, not some shit like Rule Brittannia.

Land of Hope and Glory! "I like that", and best serves 'OUR' country. I went to see Sex Pistols at Brixton Academy on their 30th Anniversary of NMTB album and they came out to Vera Lynn's: There'll always be an England - made me feel proud to be English and a punk ;-)

It's probably already been mentioned but I couldn't be bothered to troll through all the comments that I would love Jerusalem used as our national anthem. If that hymn doesn't inspire you, nothing will.

Gosford Blue said:
It's probably already been mentioned but I couldn't be bothered to troll through all the comments that I would love Jerusalem used as our national anthem. If that hymn doesn't inspire you, nothing will.
Yep that would work too but lets face it, no direspect but GSTQ is fookin boring and uninspiring hence nobody likes singing it.

we are the only ones who play the national anthem..no other fooker does..why is that ??

Cos its shit and harks back to the Empire days...

S.E.H said:

I'm the complete opposite. All this St Georges stuff seems contrived and artificial to me. I'm proud to be English but even prouder of Britain. I'd like to get rid of the home nations different FA's, and just have a British FA.

i say England should have land of hope and glory and have god save the queen as the british anthem has we should be proud to be ENGLISH has this is where we are from the welsh,jocks and paddys are proud of their nation and say where they from were us English(most people) seems to always say we are brits well i for one always say im English and proud

Nreddishblue said:
S.E.H said:

I'm the complete opposite. All this St Georges stuff seems contrived and artificial to me. I'm proud to be English but even prouder of Britain. I'd like to get rid of the home nations different FA's, and just have a British FA.
This.
I'm amazed UEFA haven't told us that for all tournaments we will have to have a pre qualifying group run off between England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland.

S.E.H said:

Unluckily for you your ancestors thought otherwise and invaded Scotland Wales and Ireland so tough shit mate you have to live with the consequences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.