National Novel Writing Month

Bigga said:
It IS tempting...

You could write it about an internet message board and the err... poster interactions, Tanned Bosspot and 6.3BeatingsRed, turn it into some kind of virtual Lord of the Flies.

Ric and I are co writing a Bluemoon book, all names will be changed to protect the innocent/idiots/WUMs and so on... ;-)

See you at the signings.

Anyone who thinks that writing a novel can be done well in a month is frankly deluded. But will probably be lapped up by the usual idiots.

Special mention must however go to Jack Kerouac, who apparently managed On the Road in three weeks. But he was a genius, and off his tits on benzedrine.

johnny on the spot said:
Anyone who thinks that writing a novel can be done well in a month is frankly deluded. But will probably be lapped up by the usual idiots.

Special mention must however go to Jack Kerouac, who apparently managed On the Road in three weeks. But he was a genius, and off his tits on benzedrine.

In principle I agree with you. But, you have to be locked away, no question and, at least, have a total idea of what you're aiming at.

It can be done, just nobody does it seriously.

Bigga said:
johnny on the spot said:

In principle I agree with you. But, you have to be locked away, no question and, at least, have a total idea of what you're aiming at.

The idea is to have 50,000 words of fiction written by the end of the month. It's just to have the first draft done, and re-write and re-write later.

No to have the finished article by the end of a month.

BlueMooney said:
Bigga said:
johnny on the spot said:

The idea is to have 50,000 words of fiction written by the end of the month. It's just to have the first draft done, and re-write and re-write later.

No to have the finished article by the end of a month.

In that case, I'll take this opportunity to wish all participants the best of luck.

johnny on the spot said:

I have a book coming out...

I ate it on Saturday... I'm still waiting.

Pearcey said:
johnny on the spot said:

I have a book coming out...

I ate it on Saturday... I'm still waiting.

Help me out, cos I'm just wondering...

Did the ball hit you in the head when Bluemoon visited Platt Lane...??

i have idle fantasies about creating a paranoid distorted satire involving thaksin, sven, the global economy, corruption in finance and football, the media, modern-day idol/image-worship, politics, democracy and autocracy, the credit crunch, international arms dealing, oil, gas, abramovich, gaydamark, the cult of targets and statistics, reductionism, quantum physics, dna, determinism, conciousness, emergent phenomena, the LHC of course but most of all it would be about TEH INTERNETZ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.