Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluep*ss said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Outrun said:
ZwGHCXD.gif
JmBkN.gif

Wish he would get use of that speed more often. So little space, with all teams backing up.
Wow he has cartoon fast speed

Wow if you study that clip Navas is just crossing the half - way line - with six outfield players ahead of him and the keeper - and yet he gets to the 18 yard box first.
Cartoon speed - definitely.!!

Had he left it for Augero or Dzeko they would've probably scored. He smashed it right into the keeper. Looks like another one of his crosses but towards goal- aimless and ineffective.

Said at the time too lightweight for this league (ditto his boss)

He´s the type of player you need in a five man midfield at 0-0 or defending a one goal lead - very quick counter attacking would be his forte but we refuse to play like that away from home

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas has revealed his primary motivation for leaving Sevilla to join the Etihad Stadium outfit was to win titles.

The 27-year-old, who won the Uefa Cup in consecutive seasons with los Rojiblancos and enjoyed World Cup and European Championship success with Spain, felt his opportunities for glory had dried up in Sevilla.

As a result, Navas jumped at the chance to tackle "a new challenge" with Manuel Pellegrini's side, saying that City provide him with the opportunity to add to his medal collection.

"I am a player who demands a lot of myself," he told the Manchester Evening News. "I always want to get more. In the last few years at Sevilla we could not get titles and I wanted to grow as a player.

"I was used to winning titles with Sevilla and Spain, I wanted to keep doing it and I had that option with City. They bet everything for me.

"I wanted to experience something new. What I got in Seville was unique, but I wanted a new challenge."

Navas has not always been awarded a starting berth under Pellegrini, but the Spaniard was keen to heap praise on the former Real Madrid coach for his tactics, admitting he feels like an important player.

He continued: "Pellegrini has welcomed me very well. He is a hard-worker, humble and simple. He likes his teams to have the ball and he has had success everywhere.

"I am very impressed with the Premier League rhythm. The games are very direct and the league is very competitive.

"Manchester City does not intimidate me and neither does the squad. In Sevilla I also played big games. I feel an important player for City and I am happy.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Was the difference in the second half and we should have won had some one actually bothered getting on the end of some of the balls going in.

Exactly. I'd say to a lesser extent this is part of Kolarovs problem. Our players who are good at crosses rarely have more than one or two targets in the box compared to the opposition, rarely if ever do anyone but our strikers get into the box.

This likely ain't a popular opinion but this is why I want a lampard type midfielder who charges into the box trying to score.

Kevindxb said:
Looks like another one of his crosses but towards goal- aimless and ineffective.
It's interesting that you say that. When he first played for us, I thought the most impressive thing about him was that his crosses looked to be well thought out and accurate. It impressed me so much to see a player not just humping it hopefully into the box but genuinely picking people out. And I think I'm right in saying that he had a very high cross completion percentage last season in Spain. I do think though the last couple of games he's played that seems to have changed, against Sunderland it was difficult with all the defenders in the box but there just seemed to be no confidence or conviction with most of his final balls. I'm thinking from his past that he may be a fragile lad mentally, he needsto have a bit more confidence in himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.