NBC Extends American rights thru 27-28 Season

'Tonight, in down town Los Angeles we bring you live Premier League football as Manchester City take on Everton, kick off is at 6pm or 11pm if you are in Manchester'
Part of the appeal for their networks is actually that it fills slots when they have less live US sports content available ie 7am -3pm so I’m not sure what you suggest is a worry.
(oh, and I think it would be 3pm LA time not 6pm ;-)

Part of the appeal for their networks is actually that it fills slots when they have less live US sports content available ie 7am -3pm so I’m not sure what you suggest is a worry.
(oh, and I think it would be 3pm LA time not 6pm ;-)
Fair enough my fear is the PL sell the fans out by having stupid kick off times. I remember City v Everton at something like 11am Sunday for the Chinese audience, the stupid thing was our player Sun Jihai was injured and Everton didn't pick there man.
As a protest someone turned up in pyjamas !!!!

NBC today extended their contract to show Premiere League for 6 years from the expiration of current contract. $2.3 billion dollars for every match till 2027-28. Good news for us Yanks.
Thank God. NBC has by far the best football coverage in the States. ESPN - and Fox especially - are terrible.

Correct..... but will they go down the Peacock streaming route?
They have to recoup that money somehow....
Probably they will - but I've cut cable and stream Peacock. I wish that the Peacock streaming service didn't have gratuitous blank spots for commercials during 1/2 time that you have to fast forward over - but other than that Peacock is mostly fine for me.

My other gripe with Peacock streaming is that if the game you want to watch was shown on NBC or one of its affiliates - the game won't be available for another 24 hours or so to watch on Peacock; frustrating if you can't watch the original broadcast and then have to wait a day to view the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.