NBC (USA) show EVERY premier league game live all season!

i wonder why Premier League won't launch an instrument of watching the games online, like NFL Game Pass or NHL Gamecenter or NBA League Pass. are they afraid that it will lure people away from buying Sky subscription?

Cancelled my Sky Sports already. Found myself listening to the radio rather than watching games, the season was that poor (all teams).

As long as i can cuddle up to Colin Murray on a sunday night, i'm happy.

This is excellent news.

Колобок said:
i wonder why Premier League won't launch an instrument of watching the games online, like NFL Game Pass or NHL Gamecenter or NBA League Pass. are they afraid that it will lure people away from buying Sky subscription?

"All Premier League games will be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets."

Apparently NBC will have them all online, but yeah I wonder why the EPL hasn't done something like that directly..

Will this mean better quality streams? Going to avoid most London aways this year so could come in use if they are not on sky

Колобок said:

That model doesn't really work all that well for the UK. For US sports, there are literally 100s of available games that fans miss by simple living in the wrong part of the country. That really isn't the problem in England. The overwhelming majority of untelevised games have to do with the 3pm rule. With exceptions for days like boxing day, the final match day, and the occasional weeknight with multiple matches; it's rare that a City premier league game is being played but not on TV because Sky chose to air another game with the same kickoff time instead...<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 pm --<br /><br />
ell said:
Will this mean better quality streams? Going to avoid most London aways this year so could come in use if they are not on sky

Will the illegal streams be better because NBC is putting their own US legal streams out there? No, not really. At least if my experience of using streams that piggybacked on ESPN3's online content last year were any indication.

Also, you won't be able to access the legal US stream by faking a US IP address either. Access to the content will be restricted like ESPN3 content is, which means you'll only have access if your internet provider signs an agreement with the content provider (NBC). Given it's a US-only product, they won't be making any deals with UK internet providers.

I take that's what all this is about on the New York subway,,,

2z8s0ud.jpg

andrewmswift said:
this is excellent, excellent news. no more streams (well, other than for cup / CL)

DirecTv have ALL Europa & Champions League games that are NOT already broadcast on NBC/Fox/ESPN etc. on channels 480 onwards.

So the only games that we(Blues) might miss are FA & Carling Cup ! and I'm sure with our image we'll get most of our FA Cup games, if not live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.