NBC want two English games to be played in USA

spacecadet

Thought it would come to this. Got the perfect matches for them. Yank red shirt cartel and their poodles from Spurs makes a horrible four teams for them.

The Premier League’s American broadcast partner NBC will push top-flight clubs to play a couple of matches on the opening weekend in the United States.

The NBC agreement from 2022-28 is the Premier League’s most valuable overseas TV deal, worth £2 billion, and so clubs will know the financial benefits that matches in the US would bring — but also that they would provoke a big fan backlash.

Pressure for such fixtures appears to be building, especially after Fifa dropped legal action aimed at preventing a similar move by Spain’s La Liga.

Jon Miller, NBC Sports’ president of acquisitions and partnerships, told The Athletic: “At some point in the future, I would love to see a couple of Premier League games open the season here in big stadiums on our opening weekend.

“And I know that’s something that we’ll continue to push for because I think that there’s an American audience here that would like to see regular season games. But in the meantime, we’ll continue to work with the Premier League to do everything we can to make the games available to as many people as possible.”
In March, Casey Wasserman, one of the biggest powerbrokers in world sport, predicted that competitive football matches between English clubs will be played in the US in the next ten years.
Wasserman, the chairman of the Los Angeles 2028 Olympics organising committee and founder of the Wasserman sports and entertainment agency, said: “If you had a Manchester United v Chelsea match in New York or a Real Madrid v Barcelona in Miami, those levels of games in American cities — real games that count — it could be massive. I would be shocked if it didn’t happen.”
While playing regular-season games in the US would delight Premier League clubs’ American fans, the reaction is likely to be the opposite among their English counterparts

While playing regular-season games in the US would delight Premier League clubs’ American fans, the reaction is likely to be the opposite among their English counterparts
LEONARDO MUNOZ/AFP
The Premier League has resisted moves to play competitive matches abroad after the angry reaction to the “39th game” plan in 2007 killed off that idea. The league’s chief executive, Richard Masters, did accept last week that the decision by Fifa to drop its legal action in the US had changed the picture.
He said: “The door looks ajar potentially in America but it’s not part of our current plans.”
At the beginning of the season, Masters told reporters that, “I don’t think we’re really any nearer a game abroad.”
He added: “I was here in 2007 when the ‘39th game’ was launched. I’m very much aware of the reaction then and I’m not entirely sure that people’s views have changed.
“What is interesting in the States is that in the US there’s a much more liberal view of what sports can do. You can move a franchise between cities, you can do all sorts of things. But football in this country has a different cultural reference point and we need to be aware of that and respect it.”
The Football Supporters’ Association had a strong response to the idea of fixtures outside of England. They made their objection on X, formerly Twitter, saying: “We defeated Game 39 in 2008 and we’d attack any attempted revival with a full blown, two feet off the ground, studs to the knee tackle.”

The problem I see with this is it makes the league unfair.

38 games - Home and away. Simple.

If you play a game at a mutual venue then it’s not a fair balance. Someone loses out on a home game.

It is a global game now so the only way foreigners, in my view, get a competitive game is cup games.
Play European games or FA Cup games elsewhere.
(Even that will upset traditionalists but change will happen).

This is a prelude to the superleague and its a load of bollocks.Back in the day we had heard of of all the world stars but never got to see them apart from the World cup and Euros.They will want the big games as well not Bournemouth v Palace just imagine the derby being played at the soccerdome in Vegas.What the cartel owned by Yanks want is that genuine football fans will not stand for it,whats coming is Super league no relegation and a draft system.The reason football works so well in europe is the beauty that teams can go from the bottom league to the top and vice versa.Strange that the yanks want in to a game they have no chance of dominating.The sooner Utd,Arsenal,Dippers and joke club Spurs fuck off the better.I want to see City v Real Madrid twice a year not every other fucking week.

These American cunts need fucking right off, right now.

Give these cunts a millimetre and they’ll take the fucking lot
They aren't even gone metric yet and pass footballs to each other from their hands

but more importantly I just can't imagine De Bruyne shrivelling away in the Arizona sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.