NDJ a poor Defensive Holding Midfielder & Disgraceful?

Re: The Myth about having a Defensive Holding midfielder

We need holding midfielders of the type like Javi Martinez or De Rossi.

The other types are now useless for us to buy.

blueprint said:
That they can back up our defense or our back four.
Tell me do we need one?
Of course we do, and they need to be much better than DeJong.

We need creative 2-way midfield players who have the football nous to recognize immediate threats and nullify them or snuff them out rather than ball watching.

I think every team needs at least one.

With the way the rules have changed to favour attackers, it just isn't wise to allow these small forwards to run at your centre backs. Without someone else in the way, you're likely to see a lot more sendings off as the CBs have to try and cope. I'd imagine there'd be a lot more last man sendings off.

Just my 2p.

admittidly NDJ has been hit and miss recently. But if we want to see Micah and Clichy bombing on we really need to have that defensive midfielder covering the centre halves, somebody who has the ability to win the ball and cut the danger out before it reaches our centre halves. Makelele was a dream player, DeJong needs to find his early City form and quick because if we're in full flow he will allow the more attacking players ahead of him much more freedom.

de jong has been excellent in the last month, his passing as well

i'd love it mancini started to attack more and play more attacking systems.

lets fucking go for it as fast as possible from k.o.

That's City weakest Link with a 1-D player like NDJ.

It goes without saying NDJ does not offer much going forward 'overstressing' the likes of players like Silva, Nasri, Aguero et al by them being double-marked.

Now how does one coached or exploit this weak link.

Classic example is to exploit the space in front of the back 4 and the midfield thru 'set piece'

Luke Moore's goal and Rooney's header (FA Cup tie) recently 'slipping' past NDJ knowing that NDJ does not have the pace or aerial ability to match players even like Arteta.

So the notion of having the quintessential defensive holding midfielder to protect the back 4 is good in theory but you need the right midfielder with the skill set!

Does City have one or does City need one?

Remember hard nose two legged lunges tackling is passe for City and if deployed are 'frowned' upon by our FA via retrospective action.

we need another option going forward teams no how to defend against us they always no whats coming we need an out an out winger someone who will put the unexpected ball into the box that causes problems for the opposition its just all to predictable at times. I hate to say it but this is why the rags are now top without even playing well they have more options they have 3 wingers who can come inside and play and are just as comfortable going on the outside and putting balls in the box look at how many headers rooney as scored scored and he's about 5'8

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.