Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

He definitely put on a nice showcase for Pep on Wednesday. I hope it was what Pep needed to see to label him a must get for Tziki and the boys.

Anyone know if he can speak English or Spanish?

Its good to see what appears to be a pool of CM/DM building up right now with Ndombele, Neves, De Jong and Rabiot. Hopefully there are better contingency plans in place should we miss out on someone in January or summer window.

100% sold this should be the one we should be after. I’m convinced there’s a middle ground with Pep football + a direct/physical style of football. I think Fernandinho / Nico are more valueable than Gundogan / Stones. Pep has kind of figured out the balance and that’s why Nico + Fernandinho have logged the most minutes.

I’d have him over Frenkie and think we should be willing to go up €70 or 75m.

Last edited:
Could be the next big thing in midfield. If he becomes as good as peak Fernandinho and we can get him for 10 seasons, he's worth every penny.

100% sold this should be the one we should be after. I’m convinced there’s a middle ground with Pep football + a direct/physical style of football. I think Fernandinho / Nico are more valueable than Gundogan / Stones. Pep has kind of figured out the balance and that’s why Nico + Fernandinho have logged the most minutes.

I agree. Only seen some YouTube vids of Frankie but he gets so much space to operate to look good in the Dutch league. I think he'd look top class in la liga with Barca where the game is a bit slower and teams allow them to play as they like.

Ndombele on the other hand is absolutely built for the premier league and would hit the ground running imo.

Absolutely. I've seen lots of referrals to the likes of Busquets and Alonso but for all we know Pep has decided he needs a different approach for us. Maybe his next evolution of the system involves more physical players. Maybe he feels they're now a necessity for our schedule and the types of teams we play.

I think Ndombele would be a safer bet than any of the other options being tallked about in the position and is most similar Fernandinho except he’s even more physical which would help us a lot. Maybe when Fernandinho hangs up his boots he can be replaced by a more elegant de Jong type so we can have a variance of styles or the option of a double pivot.

He was very good against us. We should try and prioritise his signing as I think De Jong is all about Barca

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.