Near Fire From Tumble Dryer

FuZzY

Sat there tonight in my lounge, on laptop, first half of Corrie just about to come on. I suddenly smelt a very strong smell of smoke. Looked up and I could hardly see the tv for thick smoke in front of it. I've never moved so fast.

Shot up and unplugged everything. TV, Virgin Box, Laptop. I flung open the front door and ran in the kitchen panicking, my tumble dryer was on but even though I could smell smoke I couldn't see any in my kitchen. Patio door was open though. Ran upstairs but all seemed ok, the only thing upstairs being on was my router. It stunk though big time all through my house.

I'm now back downstairs, with every window and door open, wondering where it came from, sniffing every electrical appliance that had been on, plugs included. When I went back in kitchen where the tumble dryer was still on at first I was convinced it wasn't coming from that as I couldn't see anything. Well I wouldn't do would I if all the smoke that was coming from it was blowing through into my lounge because I had the patio door open and now the front door and every window too. Switched it off, unplugged it and moved it out from under the unit and the smell nearly knocked me out.

I am so glad I have stuck by my rule never to leave the house when the tumble dryer or washing machine is on, or my house could've now been toasted.

I can still smell it now over 5 hours later, and that's after leaving the doors and windows open for a few hours, all my washing which I threw on a maiden stinks and is going to have to be re-washed.

Please guys and gals don't ever leave your home unattended with a tumble dryer or washing machine on. Luckily I've always been wary of this, and it paid off tonight.

Just pissed off now because my new lappy I was hoping to get is now delayed for a damn tumble dryer.

When is the sun coming back out, I've got loads of washing and drying to do? :-(

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
At least you're safe eh.

Aye, thank god I didn't put it on this afternoon when I went for a power hour. Done that one before now.

Good advice Fuzzy, I've loaded washing machine and put powder and conditioner in late at night but never ever switched it on so it will wash whilst I'm asleep in bed because of 1. Safety 2. Noise

For anything that needs a 10-13 amp fuse and it is not hard wired NEVER leave it alone.

I'm iffy about putting the oven on timer if it's over 180 Celsius as well.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Oh and I forgot to say - you're a poet and you didn't know it.

Who me? Must be the Steinhauser I'm drinking ;-)

Come to think of it. Why didn't my smoke alarm go off? It's not been bleeping which normally happens when the battery is dying. Perhaps I opened the door and windows before the smoke reached it. Need to check it out.

I had two fitted a while back by the fire brigade. It was the highlight of my day at the time when that fire engine turned up, so it was ;-)

Do they still come and fit them by any chance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.