Nedum: The Chief

He played well for 92minutes and 30 seconds then got sucked to the ball which allowed Evra in behind with plenty of time to find the cross for scholes. This is why a seasoned right back is a must in summer

Personally, I would play Ned at centre half, and move Toure to RB. Toure is more assured with the ball at his feet IMO, but I think Ned is a better defender.

quiet_riot said:
Personally, I would play Ned at centre half, and move Toure to RB. Toure is more assured with the ball at his feet IMO, but I think Ned is a better defender.

Could be a good shout until the end of the season. But if we are serious about titles and trophies both will have to become squad players at best.

BibbyBlue85 said:
He played well for 92minutes and 30 seconds then got sucked to the ball which allowed Evra in behind with plenty of time to find the cross for scholes. This is why a seasoned right back is a must in summer

That may have been the case, BUT as Touré is more of a natural RB than Neds, HE should have seen the danger out there a lot earlier. He trotted over to cover that area, which is poor for a CB knowing that that space is available. Dunney would have done it and Neds, had he have been playing CB.

Neds got sucked in, sure, but he's a CB being a RB thinking like a CB, not a CB looking to cover.

Bigga said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

That may have been the case, BUT as Touré is more of a natural RB than Neds, HE should have seen the danger out there a lot earlier. He trotted over to cover that area, which is poor for a CB knowing that that space is available. Dunney would have done it and Neds, had he have been playing CB.

Neds got sucked in, sure, but he's a CB being a RB thinking like a CB, not a CB looking to cover.

I agree with that point but Vieira was already standing Nani up on the edge of the box, there was no need for Ned to get sucked out to the ball knowing full well Evra would be bombing on as he always does. Im not a professional footballer but i know when to come to the ball or cover space. He made the wrong decision. It's decisions like that, that could cost us 4th. He played well but switched off and got punished

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.