Need advice on holidays!

Theo555 said:
Want to go on holiday from the 24th July for 10 days - me and the wife are trying to book something.

Want a hot holiday/beach/pool

Budget around £1500 - 2000

All inclusive would be good but not essential

Any help would be great
If you can take the long flight, why dont you consider Thailand?? Once you are there, the food is GREAT and cheap!!!

des hardi said:
Gelsons Dad said:
dr mcfc is mine said:
cape verde pal,me and the missus have just come back from there off our honeymoon,
was all inclusive set us back £580 each at the hotel riu funanna on the island of sol and spent the grand total of 20 euros all week,food was top drawer already booked to go back next year

I think you mean Sal not Sol!
did you not read it.... he s just back,it s near the equator so he obviously is suffering from a heat stroke!

G`s D =spell-check nazi!!!

lal

And keep that ' out of it. I'm the dad on many Gelsons not any one specifically!

Just back from Djerba, Southern Tunisia- hot is not the word, from 12-4pm you cannot be outside. We went all inc. around £1200 for the pair of us. We stayed at Miramar Djerba Palace through Thomas Cook. Food and service was brilliant, pour you own beer as and when you wish.
It's the first season Brits have been going there so entertainment is geared around the French but most have a spattering of English.
Be warned though, there is fuck all off the complex apart from the beach. Trips are not advisable- we did the Sahara desert/ Star Wars set trip on Thursday- £45 each- was a 15 hour day at 50+degrees of which about 11hours were coach bound, round trip was 520km !
Everywhere there are street hawkers who are aggresive, if you show slight interest they will hound you and as soon as you say "Nah, it's alright not interested" they are quite vitriolic.
Stick to complex and you're fine.
No tummy problems, everyone drinks bottled as there is no natural water- it's pumped in via a 100km pipeline from Tunisian mainland.
Due to the "revolution" half the island is void of life, out of 380 hotels on the island only 97 are functioning.
Plus side- only saw 4 Rags- 3 Tunisians (wearing very bad rip off shirts) and a German- official Rag baseball cap.
Only mat one Blue, a Scot with the old crest tattooed over his heart !
PM if you want more info. But like I said it's heat like you'll never have known, if it was mainland it would technically be part of Sahara Desert !

Camping in Le Vendee, around St Jean De Monts.
Great sites, great wide sandy beaches, great weather, great Wine and there is just something superb about sitting outside a tent or a Gite in the morning with a cup of coffee and a freshly baked Coissant.
(some superb restauants and niteclubs as well)

law74 said:
Camping in Le Vendee, around St Jean De Monts.
Great sites, great wide sandy beaches, great weather, great Wine and there is just something superb about sitting outside a tent or a Gite in the morning with a cup of coffee and a freshly baked Coissant.
(some superb restauants and niteclubs as well)
1st ever foreign holiday on campsites in Brittany and the Vendee,we visited St John De Monts,Mont St Michael where the big monastery is on top of that big rock! La Sable d'lonne in the Vendee,Rouen,le Mans,lovely part of France just the weathers very similar to here..i,e shit!

Cyprus!!!

Going there in 2 weeks myself, reaches about 100° in august, the beaches are gorgous! We got a 2 week holiday for £1000 in a 2 star hotel, but having been there before its much better and they can't do enough for you!

Been to Cyprus about 8 times now, and Protatas is the place to go!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.