Need advice quick style

Bilboblue said:
you should spend it, then if they want it back, offer them £25 a week back, pretty sure they can't force you to pay it all in one go especially as it is their mistake (if indeed it IS a mistake)

This

Whilst its in your account its yours.If its a mistake plead total stupidity and you will be able to pay it back at like £10 pm or something.Make sure you bullshit for England about your incoings and out goings so it looks like your more worse off than a tramp and you`ll be ok.

brand blue heavies said:
Bilboblue said:
you should spend it, then if they want it back, offer them £25 a week back, pretty sure they can't force you to pay it all in one go especially as it is their mistake (if indeed it IS a mistake)

This

Whilst its in your account its yours.If its a mistake plead total stupidity and you will be able to pay it back at like £10 pm or something.Make sure you bullshit for England about your incoings and out goings so it looks like your more worse off than a tramp and you`ll be ok.

i totally agree, if it is a mistake, it is not your mistake. Spend it! If they do u want it back they will chase you for it. Do the above & you will be able to pay it off monthly!

BlueSam said:
anyway long story short, i sent them a letter saying please leave me alone ive obviously fucked up my tax and im no accountant and have no records of some part time work 2 years ago..
So, you haven't paid tax for this self employed venture? If HMRC have you on record as owing tax, then I wouldn't spend the cash in question. However, if you want to listen to all of the trained solicitors on here advising that you should just spend it and offer to pay back at a drip rate then knock yourself out. "Well, your honour, a load of people on the Bluemoon website said I should just spend it, so it's not my fault right".

As for your above quote, most self employed people aren't accountant, inc myself, how do you think we complete our tax return?

What you're really asking is this:
Is your inability to come to an agreement with the estate agent over proper collection of your mail a reasonable defence for what you think might be theft on top of what you think might be tax fraud?

If I were a betting man I would say no.

And I certainly wouldn't advertise the fact that I thought I might be about to commit a crime on an open internet forum.

Don't spend it....yet. Check it out with HMRC, if it is a mistake and they realise it, they WILL take their money back out of your account possibly leaving you in a worse financial position than you started off in. If it turns out, they have given you £500 legitimately, bonus, but tbh tax man isn't in the habit of giving money back.

mate, you spend this without checking it out first, and if it is a mistake on their side, their gonna be on your ass for ANYTHING you do.

you WILL have to pay it back, and it's not £10 per month or whatever, having been mistakenly paid last month, i know that if you spend it all, they can take up to %15 percent of that £500 per month as a deduction of payments order (DPO).

it seems to me you like the 'ignorant bliss' of having this in your bank and it being yours. ring them up and see, if it turns out to be a mistake on their side, treat it as if it never happened, if it is legit, then top banana!

Don't spend it untill you find out if its yours or not.
If it isnt They will come after you, and if you pi$$ them off they can just dig deeper and deeper.
Like i say to my kids
"Get away with what ever you can. But ALWAYS pay the taxman."

DONT spend it!! A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him and they can and will ask for it back. They shafted him for £2000! Never piss around with revenue and customs, they do as they please.

My advice would be take it out of your account and put it into a high interest savings account if you have one. Leave it in there until they ask for it back, and they will ask for it back. It could take them 2 weeks or a year to ask for it, but if it's In a savings account you keep the interest on it and give it back to them, in one payment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.