NEEDING players......

We do not need Yaya Toure! Why do so many people think that we should get him when we already have De Jong and Barry who are the same type of player, yes Barry is more creative than both but very similar in the ground they cover. We need a more creative player than Toure like Gerrard, Gourcuff, Xavi. I would like us to bring in Gourcuff as he looks like a future star and similar to Kaka. Xavi will defintely not come as he is integral to Barca but thats the kind of player we need, someone who dominates the midfield and runs the game.

Yaya is a good player but i would only sign him if he would be a squad player and probably play in a 5 man midfield but i think Mancini wants to play 2 upfront and if he does then there is no place for Yaya in our 11 and he wont come to sit on the bench because thats why hes leaving Barca. Clearly a lot of people who are mentioning names are players of FM seeing that most of the names mentioned are young players and i inderstand why you would want good prospects for the club but if the club signed Marin and Hazard then that means bye bye to Weiss, and would almost certainly mean SWP will be a bit time player plus where do AJ and Bellers play?

I think we need to sell around 10 players like Kolo, Ade, Robinho, Ireland plus getting rid of squad players like Caicedo, Jo, Benjani, Bojinov, Taylor, Petrov and Sylvinho. Id be tempted to keep Vieira as a squad player because we are going to be playing a lot of games if we do well in the cup comps. I would ideally like a left back, creative midfielder and 2 strikers. A good young centre back would also be welcomed but i think that if Kompany and Lescott stay fit then we have 2 world class defenders plus Boyata, Ned and Micah who i think has come on a lot even though hes not played a lot of games due to injury.

The left backs id target would be Davide Santon or Abidal. Yes Santon is right footed but looks a class act and played well at left back whether Inter would let him go is another question but money talks these days. Abidal would be a 1st choice left back at any top class club and i think Barca would sell if they got the right offer as hes around 30, 31 now but i think if we could get him in for 2 years and then push Santon over to left back would be perfect.

As i mentioned before i would like Gourcuff in the midfield as a creative man who we have not had since the Berkovic and Benarbia days. If Michael Johnson can get fit and back to his best then he would be a fantastic player and a future England star so he would slot in to take over from Barry in 2-3 years. The strikers i would target would be Forland and Torres. Who wouldnt want Torres and i think i dont need to explain why i would get him in, as for Forlan i think hes a class act and would provide excellent cover for Tevez and Torres. Someone on here mentioned that his goalscoring record as Scum wasnt that bad when he started games, everybody just slates him off substitution appearances. With those players i think we ca certainly push for top 2 or 3 and if we become more consistent(yes i know its just not city) we could push for the league.

To get 4th I don't think we strictly speaking NEED any players.

If we want to challenge for the title we probably need: 1 Left Back, 1 Creative/attacking midfielder and 1 Striker.

2 defenders: Boateng, Cissokho, Clichy
2 mids, one creative- Gourcuff, Ozil, Hamsik. One defensive- Toure, De Rossi
1 forward, in this order- Torres, Dzeko, Bent, or Balotelli

Boateng hopefully will be signed up and he can play either CB or RB IMO.

We then need
LB Luis
CM Gourcuff
LM Ozil, De Maria
CF Ibrahimovic

Can't see us signing Torres or Gerrard.

We are desperate for a creative midfielder but for that to happen Mancini will have to drop either a winger or CF and can't see that happening.

left back: lahm
CM: sebastian giovinco

giovinco can play up forward or behind the strikers and is a great young talent, also getting restless at juventus so could be keen for a move.

A class left back.

A creative midfielder.

Maybe a winger.

A striker.

Then if we end up losing players then we can sign others to cover the gap, like if Bellers, Ned, Micah etc. end up going.

I honestly don't think we need another CB, Kompany is only going to get better with more game time and Lescott looked really solid before his injury. With Boateng covering CB and maybe playing at RB I don't see the need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.