Negredo

Costa is a shoo in, Negredo will probably be competing directly with Llorente. Pedro will definitely make the 23 and it would surprise me if they didn't include at least 1 of Torres and Villa (yes they are old, but Villa is spains all-time record international goalscorer and Torres has scored in Euro & World Cup finals for Spain) I'd expect him to make it but he needs a big performance in one of the warm-up games.

I am surprised with the Navas exclusion. Negredo's form since January has counted against and though you can't completely rule out Spain not winning the World Cup I don't class them as favourites this time around.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2014/05/25/en/football/national_teams/1401037077.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2014/05/25/en/foot ... 37077.html</a>

Not according to this.

Ray78 said:
I am surprised with the Navas exclusion. Negredo's form since January has counted against and though you can't completely rule out Spain not winning the World Cup I don't class them as favourites this time around.

I'm surprised as well you'd think they they would take a winger like Navas just because he offers something different.

cityboy1 said:
Ray78 said:

I'm surprised as well you'd think they they would take a winger like Navas just because he offers something different.

Yep, he did quite well in the Confederations Cup as an impact player, It would be interesting to find out who they have chosen over Navas.

Negredo and Llorente are in with a shot"

Negredo and Llorente are in with a shot

Javier Estepa. Madrid 05/25/2014
Del Bosque alluded to fitness concerns to justify his decision not to announce his final 23-man World Cup squad today, as had initially been planned. "We want all the players included to be ready to train on 2nd June. We're not going to announce the final squad until the 30th. Players like Negredo and Llorente are in with a shot. It's important everyone in the squad is in good shape".

"We can't take drained players to the World Cup. Jordi Alba, Albiol and Xavi Hernández feel good. Only Thiago Alcántara has been ruled out", the Spain boss noted.

Torres: "We have to choose a group of players and we feel that Fernando Torres should be in there. He's impressed us and we have complete trust in him. Busquets is on holiday, we've been in touch and he told us he feels good".

Llorente: "We haven't spoken to Llorente. We have no news that there's anything wrong with him. He's had a good season and we didn't see fit to call him. Carles Puyol will always be welcome to accompany the Spanish Football Federation".

Deulofeu: "Deulofeu is in good form. He's a wide man who had a good season at Everton. We'd have no qualms about including him in the final squad if necessary. We have a very strong squad, with at least two players per position".

Juanfran and Navas: "Juanfran is in pain, he's hurt his ankle and we're waiting to hear from him. As for Navas, he's recovering but he hasn't played for almost two months: we weren't sure if he'd be ready this week. We'll make a decision after the friendly [against Bolivia on Friday

Read more: "Negredo and Llorente are in with a shot" - MARCA.com (English version)

Ray78 said:
cityboy1 said:
Ray78 said:

Yep, he did quite well in the Confederations Cup as an impact player, It would be interesting to find out who they have chosen over Navas.

Found this on the Dailymail
"Del Bosque also added that the list was not final when asked about Manchester City duo Jesus Navas and Alvaro Negredo and Juventus frontman Fernando Llorente. The trio were named in the 30-man squad but have been omitted to face Bolivia."

Goalkeepers: Pepe Reina, David De Gea,
Defenders: Gerard Pique, Raul Albiol, Javi Martinez, Jordi Alba, Cesar Azpilicueta, Alberto Moreno,
Midfielders: Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Ander Iturraspe, Cesc Fabregas,
Fowards: Juan Mata, David Silva, Pedro Rodriguez, Fernando Torres, Gerard Deulofeu

The squad really doesn't look like a final squad as Costa isn't in it and judging by what Del Bosque said i guess they do have a chance of making the final cut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.